Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Catalog of Porsche Greens

Any update to thread Rick?
    Bill

1966 Polo Red 912
    1978 Ice Green 930 Coupe (under construction)
    1988 GP White 911 Coupe (White Knight) Daily Driver

1) Irish green 67 911
    2) Zambezi green 914
    3) Conda green 71T
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Sea Green . . .

. . . code 62164 . . .

. . . as found here . . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...een-code-62164

We Can Be Heroes

225 Viper

225 Viper Green, factory paint, not repainted:

Men after my own heart.
    I wrote an article for my PCA region newsletter 3-4 years ago about Porsche Greens. At the time I owned three green Porsches and was intrigued that Porsche had so many greens in their history. I think I came up with over 70 at the time. I just used 356 and 911 colors.
    I am attaching for your approval, one more green. This is a 356 I owned for about 6 years, just sold within the past couple of weeks. The problem is that Porsche calls it gray. The "ROW" calls it green.
    My research showed that in the mid 60's as many as 9 greens were available, whereas in the late 90's there were a couple of years with none available.
    Regards,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Troos View Post
    Men after my own heart.
    I wrote an article for my PCA region newsletter 3-4 years ago about Porsche Greens. At the time I owned three green Porsches and was intrigued that Porsche had so many greens in their history. I think I came up with over 70 at the time. I just used 356 and 911 colors.
    I am attaching for your approval, one more green. This is a 356 I owned for about 6 years, just sold within the past couple of weeks. The problem is that Porsche calls it gray. The "ROW" calls it green.
    My research showed that in the mid 60's as many as 9 greens were available, whereas in the late 90's there were a couple of years with none available.
    Regards,
    Tom
    5710 Stone Grey !! 'So Choice', as F. Beuller would say.....
    '65 901 SA '119' - 1st RHD Customer Delivered 911 Worldwide; 5710 Stone Grey/Green Leatherette 3 owners from new.

'75 (Nov) 924 Group 4 Rallye. 9th o/all, 1st in class ‘79 Repco Round Australia Rally Barth/Kussmaul; 1st RHD chassis, 1st front engined Porsche to win an FIA event

‘78 928 Manual - early RHD Opalmetallic (gold) + Pasha

'98 986

‘99 996 GT3 CS M003 ex Peter Fitzgerald. Falken livery. 2nd 2000, 3rd in 2001 Aus Nations Cup Championsip. Last of the road registered racers

Saltspring Island, BC Canada & Minneapolis
    And just for a laugh - this is April 26th, 2010 New Yorker cover green. I wish I had found a thread like this when I was getting ready to paint my 356 racing car because I just couldn't find a green that I liked. So, I mixed my own and after about 20 half pints of samples, sprayed on old body pieces and some of my 1/18th scale car models, I came up with this one, which took it's inspiration from this magazine cover!
    Had I known, I would have probably gone for either leaf or viper green, but it's so hard to tell until you spray the paint that they mix up for you....
    Love this thread - I had NO idea that there were so many Porsche greens. Now I must decide soon whether to paint my '69E it's original light ivory (6804 - boring!) or one of these beautiful greens you are showing here.
    Name:  PorschePickstone.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  128.3 KB

As I was "leafing" through this thread, I figured I was going to have to put up a pic of my fjord green 356 Speedster, but I discovered that someone did it for me. Here is a better shot. It's a bit too blue in this photo, but reflections really make a difference. .Name:  lake side front 1000 mp.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  224.9 KB

Irish green can take on a chameleon type quality in the wild...

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruxtonisl View Post
    And just for a laugh - this is April 26th, 2010 New Yorker cover green. I wish I had found a thread like this when I was getting ready to paint my 356 racing car because I just couldn't find a green that I liked. So, I mixed my own and after about 20 half pints of samples, sprayed on old body pieces and some of my 1/18th scale car models, I came up with this one, which took it's inspiration from this magazine cover!
    Had I known, I would have probably gone for either leaf or viper green, but it's so hard to tell until you spray the paint that they mix up for you....
    Love this thread - I had NO idea that there were so many Porsche greens. Now I must decide soon whether to paint my '69E it's original light ivory (6804 - boring!) or one of these beautiful greens you are showing here.
    Name:  PorschePickstone.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  128.3 KB
    Love it !, Cool thread - make me emotional, as the first sight of a 911 viper green made me fall in love.

Ruxto, would you be so kind to pm me with the details of your magnificent 356 ?
    Cheers
    Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407