Page 13 of 153 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche Picture of the Day !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garfield View Post
    That was a great day, although my wife has still not forgiven me for taking Mason to the R Gruppe dinner at Hooters. ..... I thought it would be educational for him - she didn't agree.
    Oh man, that dinner was monumental. I remember bits and pieces...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Day thirty-four

I had become a pesky fixture at EASY on the first Saturday of each month before I was invited to attended my first R Gruppe Treffen in '05 in Monterey. I had just purchased a perfectly clean, rust free, one-owner '70 911T, in signal orange, later to become Ruprecht, and as probably happens to quite a few star-struck first-time 911 owners, all the noble determination to preserve my pristine early car just as it was when it left Zuffenhausen went out the window when I found myself amid one hundred or more modified, sports purpose classic 911s in the Hyatt Regency lot.

Of all the fascinating and varied machines on display that day however, one unique and striking example kept drawing me back for another look, and then another. It was a Bahama Yellow '69 911, ( I think that's the name of the color ) with a lighter yellow classic racing stripe and enough exterior & mechanical details to keep me occupied most of the afternoon. The things the owner had done to this car, the choice of colors, the details, the overall design, and perhaps most importantly, the things the owner had chosen not to do, all resulted in a mesmerizing whole.

That was the day I first met Rob Dickenson, and it didn't take long at all to conclude that this engaging young man was surely going to become a force to be reckoned with in the early 911 enthusiast community.

In the first photo below, the 911 described above, as I first saw it.

The next few shots show the all new Singer, the tangible result that sprang out of Rob's quiet, continuing involvement with his passion for early 911s, on display at its introduction to the world at the Monterey Historics in '09. Rob and his interest in Longhoods have come a long way together.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 02-09-2013 at 09:53 AM.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Quote Originally Posted by andyjboy View Post
    The silver car ('73 2.4E with 'upgrades' ) - ex-Tom Morgan - now belongs to me ...
    Hope it's treating you well Andy!

Thanks for posting those photos John, I think my small group of guys were wandering around and missed the group shot.
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

Is that Tom Trabues old car that was traded back to Porsche for the museum?

Day thirty-five
    Barry Williams and his fascinating '68 911T machine, with many original sports-purpose options for FIA Group 3 racing, anchoring the Porsche Corral at the '08 Concorso Italiano.
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 02-04-2011 at 04:46 AM.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

wow! That's is a great looking car.
    EarlyS #1342

John-
    This page is my first stop each morning back here in frozen Indiana. My 1969 Tangerine 912 lays waiting for warm temps to burst to life on the windy roads. Thanks for your efforts. It is appreciated.

I had never ever heard of that batch of special Ts, like the one above......wow.

http://www.356sales.com/1968.html

Quote Originally Posted by joelrkaplan View Post
    I had never ever heard of that batch of special Ts, like the one above......wow.

http://www.356sales.com/1968.html
    THAT is a cool car!
    Rich
    1966 911 #303872
    ES#1197
    RG#478

Thumbs up

I don't want to step on John's beautiful picture thread but 'Barry's '68' is really exceptional.....

Here's a couple I took a few years ago at Davey Jordan's BBQ..........

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter