Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "...... is the new black"

Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    according to ddk, the bare metal panels are coated in varnish, it's a cultivated look. the owner is well known in their community, and knows what he's got. if they can pickle a shark over there and sell it for mucho dinero as art, guess they can eccentricize a car like this one
    Even the pickled shark is deteriorating, evidently due to the formaldehyde used by Hirst the first time around.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

wonder which one was worse for Mr. SAC who had a Hirst shark. the rotting shark or the financial crisis.

more pics:

"rat from a good home"

QUOTE >>> That is 100% Horace's car
    The white wing was off a damaged racer easily 10-12 years ago, he asked if he could have it from the recycling pile.
    It has boat varnish on the bare metal, thats why it's lasted so long as it is. Its been mid restoration as long as I can remember!
    Thats a daily driver BTW he's used to have a Land Rover Defender styled the same way
    He's a great laugh and has some good stories....
    He wasn't ready to sell when I last asked and he know's it's worth. <<<

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

"BTW he's used to have a Land Rover Defender styled the same way"

Styled? Is it just me, or is anyone else having a tough time wrapping their brain about this styling exercise? Maybe it will be the new porkchop haute couture? What do I know, I live in the sticks!
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell