Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a lurker for many years, and a Porsche fan since as long as I can remember. I've always had a soft spot for air-cooled machines, the brilliant engineering behind all of Porsche's creations, and just the sheer blast of the sound of a flat six boxer and the occasional flat four! I started out with Volkswagen, from early beetles, to type 4 powered super beetles, to my 1964 1500s Variant, and my single cylinder air-cooled, a 1960 Ducati 125 Sport, to my latest acquisition, a 1968 911L.

I began my search a few years ago, and although visions of 993 C2Ses and 964 widebodies ran through my mind, I've always been a fan of the vintage steel. I began looking for a 70-72 911 S, T, or E, and than began to read more and more of the SWB cars. I think the simplicity, the pure line, and the crazy handling all seemed much to appealing to ignore. Plus, I figured it be the perfect transition from small air-cooled to larger air-cooled. So, I picked up the following car about four months ago in Michigan. It's a 68L originally Tangarine in color, resprayed polar silver about 4 years ago. The previous owner maintained the car with weekend projects here and there (the floors, carpet, brakes, etc) and, now I have the joy of continuing the weekend projects (hoses, plugs, clutch, etc.). All I have to say, is I absolutely love this car. It's a blast to drive and runs like a champ. I look forward to contributing more to this forum, and would like to thank everyone for being an excellent resource during the hunt.

Thanks,

Mauricio

The car came from Michigan, and was originally Tangerine in color.