Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Interior color codes

And the code CC 337?

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trevi1 View Post
    And the code CC 337?
    CC 337 is most probably the Glovebox key code.

Das Zündschloß = Ignition lock (at least on very early 911s, "K" codes were non-locking steering columns and "FL" codes were locking steering columns).
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

UPSSS thanks,,, and sorry

How does one obtain one of these Kardexs?

email sent
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Great info on this thread.

Hey so I m trying to restore concurs correct the interior of my 912 .

It’s Golf Blue with Leather Beige interior If i m not mistaken. But how about the carpets ? I read that s only 1 color for those on the 66 Model. Is that correct ? Can I get that info for the carpet from the Kardex on 1966?

Is the carpet now in the car the original carpet? It is highly likely your original carpet was Perlon, although it would have been possible to specify a "squareweave" carpeting in various colors in 1966. Because you have an unusual (special ordered) beige interior, perhaps a different carpet than the standard grey Perlon was also ordered. So NO, there wasn't only one color for 1966 912 -- you could special order a different material than Perlon and in various colors. My point is: First you have to find out what the car came with originally, because at concours originality counts. Yes, the Kardex should identify if a special order carpet was installed. If it turns out the car came with the standard grey Perlon, and it still has it, I urge you to try to clean it rather than replace it. The original Perlon is very durable and cleans up very well. The replacement so-called Perlon is vastly inferior in durability and appearance. I have never understood why, with the thousands of cars that came with Perlon in the interior and trunk, no one has successfully made a new run with original Perlon composition, color, and texture.

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarinho View Post
    Hey so I m trying to restore concurs correct the interior of my 912 .

It’s Golf Blue with Leather Beige interior If i m not mistaken. But how about the carpets ? I read that s only 1 color for those on the 66 Model. Is that correct ? Can I get that info for the carpet from the Kardex on 1966?
    As far as I know, and according to the 1966 Porsche Colors Brochure https://files1.porsche.com/filestore...nt-samples.pdf all carpets were black.

911s had velour carpet [black with white or silver threads—often called salt-and-pepper] and 912s bouclé [squareweave] carpet with (I think) rubber floor mats.

Velour carpet isn’t listed as an option for 912s.

A Kardex normally has just the upholstery COLOR, seat inlays (if any) and whether it’s real or synthetic leather.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet