Thread: My Father's 1973.5 S. I blame him for my current addiction...Early S cars....

My Father's 1973.5 S. I blame him for my current addiction...Early S cars....

I am a new member and currently own a 1970 911 S non sunroof car that is in non running condition. It has been in storage for 15 years. Previous owner tried a Very Poor RSR conversion. Currently deciding which direction to go with the car. Anyway... My father is a car guy. I am now 40 years old and have been tinkering with and collecting 911's for 25 years. My first car was a 1972 T with Rust holes everywhere. Bought is for $2k...Girlfriend wrecked it a year later....Learned a great lesson there... Here are the only 2 picture of the car the got me interested in 911's. I wonder if someone on this board owns the car now.
    My father ordered the car new in 1973 from Northlake Porsche in Atlanta Ga. Steve Beizer owned the dealership and Franz Blam was the Service manager. I believe it was Septia brown but the one picture looks to be Metallic?? Sadly, I do not have a VIN on the car. Franz immediately tore the engine down and built a 2.9 liter twin plug motor. Martine Altolaguirre was Franz's engine builder at the time. He is now my current mechanic. My father recollects that Franz had a Factory Porsche driver named Udo?? test drive the car after the motor was done. The clutch did not last the day and an upgrade was ordered from the racing division. The SCCA banned the car from Competition. It appears to be a Non Sunroof car with through the grill lights and what seems to be 7R rear wheels. He had two deck lids and would interchange them regularly. After owning the car for a few years he traded it for a 1966 Ferrari 330 GTS. Later selling the 330 GTS for $15k!!! I told him.."Wow, that seem cheap!" My father replied, "You must understand, my house was worth $22k at the time"
    Well, Does anyone recognize the car? Thanks, Tate
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1965 911 Factory Paint to Sample Orange
    1967 911S Bahama Yellow
    1968 911 S Blood Orange
    1971 911S Gold Metallic Peter Gregg
    1974 Carrera RS Blue Metallic
    1990 RUF RCT Estonia's car

I worked at North Lake during that time in sales. Who is your father?