Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1082

Thread: Porsche collection/out of control hobby

Agreed. Gosh, cut him some slack.

I emailed Magnus when I first bought my car and really really knew nothing at all about what I had bought - I wanted to ask him a question about some repairs he had shared on line with some of his pix. "Call me" he replied - "I talk faster than I type". He was genuinely interested in my find - serial number, engine number, dashboard etc etc, - as enthused for me as I was, or maybe more. He spent all the time with me I needed, answered all my questions and a lot I didn't even know to ask, filled me in on all sorts of things on the subtle differences in the early cars, and steered me in the right direction on a lot of parts related stuff. I found him to be totally sincere, open, and a great guy who eats breaths and thinks Porsche's to the point of obsession.

He has helped all of us on this board in raising the profile (and prices) of these cars. And based on my limited personal experience I would say he's a genuinely nice guy.

Great video! Magnus - looks like you were swimming in the passenger seat like it had side to side seat rails. Thanks for posting!
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

What exactly crossed the line, Luke? The fact that I had the temerity to question the "coolness" of driving through LA traffic at ridiculous speeds and then proudly posting the video for your "fans" to admire. I'm pretty sure anyone here who saw someone driving like that in a slammed Honda would rightly condemn the driving and the person. The fact that Magnus drives a Porsche doesn't make stupid behavior all of the sudden "cool."

We are judged by what we let the world see of ourselves. And we've all behaved like jackasses at times. But usually when I do, I'm a bit embarrassed afterwards; I don't wear it like a badge of honor.

I can't say I'm all that concerned with anything he does, as our circles are likely not to meet. I only provided an alternate view of his persona. Certainly someone with so much adulation doesn't worry about some mild criticism.

I have to tell you that I've driven in San Diego, Orange County and Smell A (LA) for 20 years doing my sales job and what Magnus showed was fairly mild. People drive like that all day there! Not condoning but just saying.
    72S, 72T now ST

Quote Originally Posted by reed View Post
    Certainly someone with so much adulation doesn't worry about some mild criticism.
    Maybe we were raised differently but I do not consider calling someone an ass as mild. It is a shame what you are doing to a 100 page thread which maybe you do not derive pleasure from but many others here do. It is a shame you feel the need to take the mantle on to tell us all the emperor doesn't (in your opinion) have any Kool...... this is wrong and again sad.... I am out on this.
    Last edited by Macroni; 08-05-2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: my rant did not make sense
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Quote Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
    Maybe we were raised differently but I do not consider calling someone an ass as mild.
    To be fair, I didn't call him an ass. I said he was driving like an ass. There is a difference. Did you even watch the full video? Is that driving you'd be proud of?

Is that driving you'd be proud of?
    Reed - People on California freeways simply drive way, WAY more crazy than what that video showed... that video was mild.

I've seen people drive
    - drunk, impaired
    - on the emergency lane
    - doing donuts on freeway lanes
    - over 100, 0ver 110, over 120, over 130...
    - with passengers hanging out the window
    - on sidewalks
    - no regards for stop signs, red lights
    - lane splitting
    - bike lanes
    - music blaring
    - in the crappiest cars
    - greasy windshields
    - bald tires
    - babies on laps
    - driving too slow
    - driving the right speed but texting
    - doing make up
    - eating food
    - not watching lanes
    - i've even seen a chimpanzee in a passenger seat (which who knows if it would go ape and decide to make the steering wheel its new toy when youre driving)
    - wearing sunglasses at night
    - opposite direction of a lane
    - chased by cops

maybe we should all get helmets for passenger cars.
    Last edited by CidTito; 08-06-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    E911SR #2107
    69 911T/S SWT 3.2L
    RG #384

Why say anything personal to anyone here? Can't you refrain?

To be fair, I didn't call him an ass. I said he was driving like an ass. There is a difference. Did you even watch the full video? Is that driving you'd be proud of?
    If your accusing someone of doing something "like an ass" then you ARE calling that person an ass when they do it and therefore you Are calling that person an ass. I found Magnus to be a Porsche junkie like the rest of us when ever I have spoke to him at cars and coffee, the Phoenix club and Dana Point to name a few. Anyone not engaging in a bit of spirited driving with these cars is probably a minority on here anyways. If you haven't, sell it.

Senior Member Christian Guthrie's Avatar
    Great video Magnus! If you get the chance to be on the show again, you should wear a suit as well. Would really shake things up a bit and give these guys something else to talk about.