Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kardex

Kardex

Original post.........
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 04-09-2014 at 09:00 AM.

We requested them to see what warranty parts had already been replaced. I was told that is how they kept track of what was going bad and to look for a pattern for possible recall (we didn't call it a recall then) or owner abuse. The same with date codes and mfg stamps; they were for warranty to keep track of what batch went bad and who to bill for the replacement.
    H

If I compare the Kardex for 300170 with the entry into the production book there is a difference in dates. The production book places the completion date as Nov 27 while the Kardex records the first date as Dec 18.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Raj, you are correct. Both the "Ausgel.am" and "Abnahme-Besch." are the same date. I had to go back and read the threads you posted. I have all that in my notes, but can't recall everything without referring back. So, I'm guessing that the "Completion date" often mentioned on more recent CoA's is actually the factory shipping date. So that throws a lot of other date related research into disarray. Such things as the 1965 to 1966 transition were based on dates that are less accurate than we thought. Probably the actual completion dates would be in the production books, and we have no assurance that they still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Both the "Ausgel.am" and "Abnahme-Besch."
    Ausgel.am = Ausgeliefert am = Delivered on

Abnahme-Besch. = Abnahme Bescheinigung = Certification of inspection

Probably the actual completion dates would be in the production books, and we have no assurance that they still exist.
    Between completion and delivering (Ausgel.am) didnt they test drive the cars, made adjustements and/or let them stand on parking lots at the factory ? When finally the truck picked them up, they got "Ausgel.am" as well as they received a factory "Abnahme-Besch." which might also was a final inspection of the car.

So, I'm guessing that the "Completion date" often mentioned on more recent CoA's is actually the factory shipping date.
    On swiss import papers/Kardex of AMAG, one sometimes can read that while the factory shipping date was on a certain day to a A class dealer, the car later got transfered to a B class dealer who was able to sell it some 6 months later, registering it only then to the swiss DOT. Some CoA of Porsche do only list this date even the AMAG import paper record/Kardex lists another/earlier date.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 02-07-2011 at 01:08 PM.
    Registry member No.773

Thx Karim,

That would have been my first question. Exactly what were the full words which are abbreviated in those two terms.

Is the information correct onone of those two 356 websites regarding the Abnahme Bescheinigung date ? :

"date the car was delivered to the buyer"

So, was the inspection (Certification of inspection) date , when it physically arrived at an ordering dealership (or dealer which might have been scheduled for pick-up of a 'tourist delivery') ?

As in , if a dealer purchased the car up-front , to floor and sell (I do not know if this actually happened, or if dealers were given cars always upfront / without payment).

OR , the date it was physically recieved by a private purchaser ?
    Last edited by peekaboo; 02-07-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peekaboo View Post
    Is the information correct on those two 356 websites regarding the Abnahme Bescheinigung date ?
    peeckaboo, the 356 website lists:
    Abnahme-Besch: on these Kardexes means the date that the customer/dealer received it, while ausgel.am: completion date (Kar.angel.am is not on these Kardexes)
    but:
    Ausgel.am litterally translate into Delivered on
    so:
    If they write instead "completion date", I beleive this is no language translation but an interpretation when a car is delievered.

If the "Ausgel. am" and "Abnahme.Besch." are usually on the same date as davep stated, I would beleive while the first means it left the factory, the later might means the paper certificate going with this factory procedure. I might be wrong, though.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 02-07-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Registry member No.773

Thx again,

I just meant the Augel. = Ausgeliefert , and Besch. = Bescheinigung

And that's what I am getting as an english translation for Bescheinigung : Certificate

Kardex: Raj, i did not know its in Switzerland. will edit my info above.
    But having its headquarter today in Switzerland, was it the case in the 1950ies ?
    Maybe yes, maybe its here for tax reasons and was originally, it looks like, US based.
    "has its roots in the Remington Typewriter Company (1873)".
    Last edited by 911T1971; 02-07-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Registry member No.773

This is some of my data. Most is from the Kardex.
    I'm thinking of "Ausgel.am" more as a shipping date with factory invoicing to the dealer.
    Perhaps "Abnahme-Besch." could be final inspection at customer delivery on date of sale.
    Attached Images Attached Images