Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kardex

Quote Originally Posted by peekaboo View Post

Fryardds,

I am surmising that since you did not mention it , that this is a NO . But just to clarify. The 1973 RS book which you examined (at least your number's information) , did not show it's original owner ?

And you saw no other documents that did ? If no to all , I find it puzzling that the factory claims/seems to have never retained original owner information after 1969 MY for production cars. How did they deal with warranty issues. By time frame only , no matter who walked in the door for some ? Again , I just find it very strange that they would have changed this policy - it really does not wash (I have a hard time believing it).
    Yes, that is correct. The '360' notebook contained no original owner names. Each RS had a one line entry that looked much like the format used at the back of the Carrera RS book. First was the VIN, then engine serial #, then transmission #, followed by the same categories used in the RS book. The notebook also has a category for the production #, which of course the Carrera RS book omits. These were all hand written entries.

The archieve director didn't show us the documents in the cabinets he said contained the production information of all the early 911s (and beyond). I'm still trying to figure that out.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

I had figured this was the case. But thank you very much Fryardds, for the 100% clarification.

Here is an interesting post put up by Thomas showing a copy of a partial page out of a Porsche chassis registry book for his '71S Siffert car.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post357930

Last edited by fryardds; 02-27-2011 at 07:01 PM.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Hello,

I went and read Milou's Siffert 1971 S discovery thread (which I never had) ...beyond cool. And a very interesting read if your into history discovery.

I have question for Milou, on that thread you never reposted a clear photo of the versuch motor ID stamp. I am not surprised it has no stars , as stampings from the werkes area are most times abnormal compared to standard production for that year (or in general) . If you would (if not - it's quite alright) , please post a better photo. I'm curious to see the numerals, many times they will be differant also . Or sometimes , one numeral only.

Not being nosy. I just find it very interesting to examine and chronicle these types of things.

And concerning the factory 1971 list in the last post showing it , on this thread . What is the entry (to Siffert) on the lower photocopied page (dated 8 April 1971) : "900 01" . Is this number tied to 130 1179 ? If so , I am not recognising that type of number sequence ?

And lastly , does anyone know what the final column is on the upper photocopied list page ? (113 after Milous car , 100 after 911 130 1180) .

Is that delivery dealer ? Maybe not , but if so. That would make 911 130 1180 a factory retained car. And Milou's Siffert car originally dropped off at a dealer in in West Germany.

Thx , in advance for any answers . If anyone can clarify.

*note - I see I confused the 2 cars/numbers . 1180 is the Siffert car , so the '100' factory retained notation makes sense .
    Last edited by peekaboo; 03-11-2011 at 08:09 AM.

So I just received a Kardex for my car... Very interesting. I am trying to decipher it, and researching threads. I noted that it does have " " whited out text in area Wagenbesitzer -after the word Vorfuhwagen. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Vorführwagen=demonstrator

Thanks for the replies. I discovered demonstrator as well. Will post Kardex hopefully this morning.
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

cad was stolen 1967/8/21. Perhaps they found it again.

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    cad was stolen 1967/8/21. Perhaps they found it again.
    Car was stolen in the night of 21.8.67 but what is written after, see RS nr. 10/67 ...?

Thanks

Richard

Thanks for the help. So would the car have still be under Porsche ownership, or dealer ownership at that point if it is recorded here?

Also, any ideas what type of information would typically have been in " " area above there, that is now apparently removed?

Also, I researched a bit here re demonstrator cars, but any ideas on the history of demonstrator during summer of 67?
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S