Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the PO of my car - 1969 911T Coupe Polo Red

Looking for the PO of my car - 1969 911T Coupe Polo Red

1969 911T Coupe Polo Red - #119123108

Anyone know a guy named Nils Kjell? Apparently he lives in the Bay Area (where I am), and he is a long-time member of the local PCA. I've tried to contact him through the PCA, but got zero response.

I'm trying to find more history on my car, mostly because it came to me with absolutely no paperwork/maint history, and a lot of things were "messed with". I thought maybe I could find a few previous owners who could tell me a bit about what they did and why...and perhaps locate the original engine...maybe wheels, seats, etc. Or at least tell me why those things had been swapped-out. A total long-shot, but hey, you never know.

Any info is welcome. Any advice on other methods of getting a hold of previous owners, maybe via DMV or Kardex, would also be welcome.

thanks,
    Jordan
    rally-prepped '69 911T 3.0L
    S Registry #1933
    Vintage Parts & Restoration http://retro-sport.com

-Jim

'72 911T
    '02 B5 S4 (RS4 Clone)
    '12 997.2 Turbo Manual
    '19 B9 RS5 (Daily)

Funny, I've done several Google searches for this guy and didn't see his Linkedin profile.

Haha...I see now...my search terms were too complicated...

thanks for the simplicity tip, Jim!
    Last edited by bxd; 02-19-2011 at 11:53 PM.
    Jordan
    S Registry #1933

Olde Threade Alert

How'd this turn out, Jordan? --- contacting a long-previous owner about their car?

People 've come here looking for their car . . .

. . . be curious to hear about looking for a Previous Owner

Was your Mr Kjell excited to hear about his old car?

Anything interesting to add --- about your car? Any parts or tools or documents to share?

How 'bout photos?

Know that it's been a while, but, still . . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Well, since you asked so nicely, I did happen to find Mr. Kjell, alive and well, living on the eastern side of the Oakland Hills, just miles away from where I am. He was excited when I invited him to come see the car and regaled us with stories about its history. He told about how it won its class racing in (SCCA/POC) on several occasions, and even offered to share old number plates and photos of it on tracks like Limerock, Phoenix, Las Vegas, with me. He was proud of the fact that he would drive it to the track, win events against much more powerful cars, and then drive it home. Giant-killer indeed. He said he had bought it in the 90’s from a shop in New Jersey that had just done a glass-out respray, and it was they who apparently swapped-in the 1979 big-port 3.0L engine and all the SC brake stuff.

So some of my questions were answered, but as with all things, many more questions popped-up as a result. I still don’t know where the original engine is, and would very much like to find it.

Here are a few photos from a recent driving event:

Name:  porsche_merc.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  152.7 KB

Name:  point_arena.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  119.7 KB

Name:  morning_in_gualala.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  150.0 KB

Name:  porsche_hoodlights.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  58.3 KB

Name:  johns_grin_is_priceless.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  197.3 KB
    Jordan
    S Registry #1933

Thanks for that, Jordan . . .

. . . really cool

We Can Be Heroes

Well this is sad. I hope whoever what involved in this horrible accident made it out ok.

Listed on Copart in this condition: https://www.copart.com/lot/19490317?...cleAlert_Image
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned
    There was a thread or certainly mention of this last year. Incredibly sad and stupid.

The car must have finally been released to the insurance company. Any idea what the outcome was for the driver at fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    There was a thread or certainly mention of this last year. Incredibly sad and stupid.

The car must have finally been released to the insurance company. Any idea what the outcome was for the driver at fault?
    Frank

Knowing the accident site, Jordan, and the circumstances of the crash, I find it hard to fault either driver. Yes, it was incredibly sad. One of the drivers lost his life and the other will have to live with the memories for the rest of his life.

Regards

Jim

Banned
    Jim,
    Obviously this crash hits really close to home for some in this community. Without offending anyone I would like to know exactly what happened.

Are you saying that Jordan didn't signal and the passing driver simply thought it was safe to pass? And both were going close to the posted speed?

You are certainly spot on in regard to the huge consequences involved. Just thinking about the visit Jordan's family got from local law enforcement after the crash overwhelms me.