Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebirth of my 69S

SCs have black shrouds, IIRC. It started with the 1973.5 CIS 911T and continued on.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche-RSR View Post
    Windscreen wipers are also standard 993 (look at the litte distance in between the 2 wipers.)
    You sure don't see the wiper conversion often on the 993 copies.

How about the fatiry oil lines running through the body that look like they were disconnected and abandond. It's like Porsche archeology.
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

1971 911e
    1978 911sc Targa (Sold)
    1973 911 RSR (Clone)

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche-RSR View Post
    Didn't the 3.0SC also have a red shroud? Exhaust doesn't look much of a 69 IMO.

Windscreen wipers are also standard 993 (look at the litte distance in between the 2 wipers.)
    I really have no idea about the engine but the mystery will be found out soon. One thing I know for sure is I have to order an Inner and outer rocker panel

Here are the picture of the car after the work done
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by nammon; 10-12-2015 at 04:19 AM.

You sure have undertaken a huge project! Hope you can be successful.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Panel pics inside the car
    Last edited by nammon; 10-12-2015 at 04:20 AM.

At this point, everything inside looks original to me, just a small modification on the door panel, the extension on the center console area and the dashboard area
    Last edited by nammon; 03-15-2011 at 08:20 PM.

On April 2010, all the part that I ordered arrive to my place. I thought it would be the time to start working on my car. Unfortunately things didn't go as my expectation. All the part isn't a right parts for my car, it turned to be a part for SWB car. The story is, I posted my WTB thread on both early911S and pelicans websited, one guy from pelicans send me an PM that he has what i was looking for, So I asked him for the picture of the part. Here is the picture that he sent to me
    Last edited by nammon; 10-12-2015 at 04:22 AM.

After I received the picture, I asked him to find the rear quarter panel for me as well. So he sent this picture to me. Once I saw the picture, I noticed that the rear quarter panel should be for a SWB car as the location of a torsion bar hole. So I posted my concern question on 911S forum. http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...200#post451200
    Every of your guy comment is confirmed that it is a SWB parts. So I asked the guy again whether all the part is for LWB or SWB, he still insist that all of his part is for 69 LWB. So I trusted him and let the shipping processed.
    Last edited by nammon; 10-12-2015 at 04:23 AM.

Luckily me that I could sell all the wrong part to my friend who is restoring his SWB car. So I started looking for the parts I needed again. It took me around 5-6 months to find the parts. The parts were shipped out from State around end of November 2010 and it will be delivery to my place on this coming friday March 18, 2011. And my car will be sent to the body garage at the end of this month. However I would love to ask you guys a few questions

1) What should I do with the front partition wall? Should I modified it back to original or get the new one?
    2) Do they have any different details on the rear cross member between 69-89? Can it be interchangeable?
    3) What is the correct wiper distance for the 69? Picture explanation would be really appreciate.
    Last edited by nammon; 10-12-2015 at 04:24 AM.

Nice restauration... Good luck!!

Wished I knew about this thread, before I left Bangkok (lived there three years).
    Would have been fun meeting you...