Thread: Christian Gardavot 911

Christian Gardavot 911

I know this is slightly off topic as it relates to a 1975 car but does anyone know anything about the car being advertised by Speedmaster as the Christian Gardavot rally car? It sems to have an interesting history with Monte Carlo entries etc but I am wondering if there are any problems with it or its history?

Any help, as ever, would be appreciated !

Cheers, Mike
    Mike H

'68 911 T/R

I had waited to chime in , in case anyone else would. But since not...

This car unfortunately has very little chance of having the early history that is posted. I don't think it is on purpose but more likely that the seller just has not done any research and is unaware.

Christian Gardavot used a longhood bodied car up until at least 1979. So since people were not backdating cars at that time (in fact just the opposite) - not very plausable.

From around 1980 forward , G. Gardavot used an impact bumpers series 911. But the Licence plates that are suppose to be associated with this car for sale, do not correspond with the plates that Gardavot normally ran on his impact bumper car (at least through 1984).

That's all I can tell you.

Thanks for the heads up. It has been for sale for quite some time so i thought that there might be some uncertainty around the car as it seems quite good value.

Cheers, Mike
    Mike H

'68 911 T/R