Thread: COA has no information, this has to be a record. (Bad pun)

COA has no information, this has to be a record. (Bad pun)

Hi
    Got off the phone with Porsche of America
    in regards to an old COA I had for my S. I was
    speaking to a former owner in regards to race history
    and country origin.

Long story short I looked over the COA and realized nothing was recorded. When I spoke to the old owner, he owned the car in the late 80's. He told me he saw the Kardex (did not use that term) said the car was in Europe in the early 70s where it had upgrades/repairs at the factory, raced ..at a minor level I'm sure. Got me thinking why is the COA so vague.

COA only states
    Engine​ number
    Color
    Letherette

That's it. Called Porsche to see if I could get more info, asked for country , options. Car clearly had a sunroof. Porsche looked into it called me back the next day and said no data recorded and no options listed. Anyone else run into this? Anyway I can dig deeper?

Cheers
    911 1967S 308470
    [B]911 1965 301946 Irish Green
    [B]911 1965 302962 Polo Red
    911 1965 300760 White SOLD
    911 1971S S/T 2.5
    914-6 1970 GT 2.3
    Look for me at a track near you!
    Early S Reg #2699
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/MachineMotorsports

If the car is first registred in Switzerland, you can get more infos for any 911 ever being built/sold.
    You also can get/buy the kardex via a members contact, but car needs to be pre-1970.

As for the (old) COA, maybe one of the usual faults.
    As for Euro cars, they sometimes came w less options and some were sold pretty much standard.
    Registry member No.773

I should have mentioned it's s 71 so it limits what info I can get.
    911 1967S 308470
    [B]911 1965 301946 Irish Green
    [B]911 1965 302962 Polo Red
    911 1965 300760 White SOLD
    911 1971S S/T 2.5
    914-6 1970 GT 2.3
    Look for me at a track near you!
    Early S Reg #2699
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/MachineMotorsports

From 1970 it is very difficult to get the Kardex; and I only know for certain that some of the 1970 actually exist. For some later cars a few people have obtained the Fahrzeug-auftrag, but it seems to happen only with special circumstances. For the 1970 cars the COA seems to be the best route; you get a nice certificate and certain bits about your car. In some cases I have obtained data records for the cars that are useful, and other times very incomplete. Even the Kardex can be nearly useless. One early 356 Kardex had the VIN and engine #, nothing else; even the engine # looked like it had been written in blue ink and is the only Kardex I have seen that appears to be in color. Very odd. Yes, I do have one Kardex that has only the VIN; I believe it was a 911 that was not actually completed although I have evidence the body was delivered.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Would a 1970 model year car that was completed in the fall of 1969 have a Kardex that would exist?
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2 View Post
    Would a 1970 model year car that was completed in the fall of 1969 have a Kardex that would exist?
    Most likely, yes. As a reference point, I know that my car (coupe #963) used to have a hardcopy kardex document in the archives. Now for some reason lost. The chassis before and after mine is there...
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

That would still be a 1970 model year, so I would say the likelihood is low but not impossible. The best thing to do is ask before payment; I do that all the time for clients.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers