Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chevron B34

Quote Originally Posted by t6dpilot View Post
    Martin, please go rescue that car! Good luck.
    Hi Scott,

Although I suspect this car could be a barrel $ to restore, I'll certainly take a closer look and hopefully track down the owner next time I fill up with cheap malaysian un-leaded - I remain somewhat intrigued by this particular car.

Martin
    Last edited by mrg3.6; 04-04-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Great, keep us informed. As you can see from my thread below, I am on a bit of a quest too.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-Atlantic-Cars
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Quote Originally Posted by t6dpilot View Post
    Great, keep us informed. As you can see from my thread below, I am on a bit of a quest too.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-Atlantic-Cars
    Great thread Scott....I now feel very motivated

Martin

PS - fantastic stuff that Marc B is doing:

http://www.bahnerengineering.com/index.html

Martin

Chevron B34

Quote Originally Posted by mrg3.6 View Post

Martin
    Dear Sirs,
    I note with interest your messages about the Chevron B34 in the Malaysian filling station.
    I am the former mechanic for Sir Albert Poon.
    We raced a B34 in Malaysia and New Zaland.
    I do not know where our car went, but, the Chassis No was 'B34-76-37'.
    I am also interested to know which car this B34 is? and where it will go?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjackson View Post
    Dear Sirs,
    I note with interest your messages about the Chevron B34 in the Malaysian filling station.
    I am the former mechanic for Sir Albert Poon.
    We raced a B34 in Malaysia and New Zaland.
    I do not know where our car went, but, the Chassis No was 'B34-76-37'.
    I am also interested to know which car this B34 is? and where it will go?
    Hi,

Well Albert Poon is still a legend around these parts although I believe he drove the yellow car Nr 23?

Unfortunately I haven't managed to find the time to drive back to Malaysia and have a closer look at the car but it has been suggested that it may be chassis B34-76-20 previously driven by Del (& Cherie) Schloemer (Selangor GP 79) and then Amin Mokhtar (Shah Alam GP 81), prior to that there is no history, although it may well be one of the three Opert 'Trois Riviere' 76 cars, if so then I would assume that it was driven by either Jose Dolher or Alan Jones, knowing that Patrick Tombay drove chassis Nr 25?

Why don't you drop me your email via a pm and we can talk more offline

Thx

Martin
    Last edited by mrg3.6; 09-09-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Hi Martin,
    My email is mike_w_jackson@hotmail.com.
    That is a great Picture!!
    Yes, Albert is in No 23 and I saw mention of Kevin Bartlett who you can see in the red No 66 grid pos 7(Chassis No unknown) but was bought for this race by his sponsor Mr L.C.Kwan (owner of a garage "Equipe 66" in HKG) this car came straight from Chevron 2nd hand, with Factory mechanic (Fred Crook), then we raced it our selves in KL the next year (I have photos on the grid). Regards Mike

I am amazed at the depth of knowledge this forum draws…
    My brother owns a MARCH 722 F2 (B) formally owned by James Buick and one of “John Coooms racing” cars. We would like photos of this MARCH 722 sn#115 if anyone has historic photos to help with the restoration.

Hi Martin,

That is a great Picture!! Yes, Albert is in No 23 and I saw mention of Kevin Bartlett who you can see in the red No 66 grid pos 7(Chassis No unknown) but was bought for this race by his sponsor Mr L.C.Kwan (owner of a garage "Equipe 66" in HKG) this car came straight from Chevron 2nd hand, with Factory mechanic (Fred Crook), then we raced it our selves in KL the next year (I have photos on the grid). Regards Mike
    Hi Mike,

Extract from another forum:

B34-76-37 : Chevron built for Poon, probably last B34 done and del. circa July 1976 , colour yellow. Albert Poon advises same , used all over S.E.Asia and N.Z. Stuvyesant Series, nil accidents in Poon's hands , sold as he was taking delivery of new B42 [ which he says was no where near as good a car]. Came to Western Australia 1979 to Peter Nicol till end 1980 , thence 1980-1982 Peter Morris [ W.A. ] 1982-1994 Jim Runciman [ W.A. ] 1994-1998 to Richard Fearon [ Victoria] , to Noel Robson [ Victoria ]end 1998 , thence to Current owner Peter Mohr of [ now] Queensland.

Martin

I note with interest your messages about the Chevron B34 in the Malaysian filling station, I am the former mechanic for Sir Albert Poon. We raced a B34 in Malaysia and New Zealand. I do not know where our car went, but, the Chassis No was 'B34-76-37'. I am also interested to know which car this B34 is? and where it will go?
    Mike sent me some interesting photographs with the following text, I hope he doesn't mind me posting them

I did a stint with Sonny Rajah. After Sonny drove here in the Yellow Pages FA we put TWO Marches into a Transit Van, flew from Stansted (When Stansted was only a shed in the field) and landed in Singapore and I drove up to KL and Sonny won the race

The young lady boarding the plain was Sonny's girl friend who had the task of putting Sonny's mop of hair under a neat wig before landing in Singapore. The next day we went to the airport and customs to get the van out and he FORGOT to put his hair up and Singapore customs nearly had him arrested!!!

Great stuff

Martin