Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: USGP Austin

Quote Originally Posted by jpnovak View Post
    So good news this week. The track passed its FIA inspection. The race is now officially ON!
    It is good news... but now Bernie has scotched New Jersey in 2013: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...may_not_l.html
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Hi Guys,
    here is the latest interactive map of Park n Ride and road closures for the F1 here in Austin
    Grand Prix Traffic and Parking Map | AustinTexas.gov - The Official Website of the City of Austin
    http://www.austintexas.gov/page/gran...nd-parking-map
    If anyone has more questions we are here....;-))
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com

mad scientist
    I got my tickets yesterday! Let's go racing.

There is a 5K run around the track circuit this Nov. 3. If it wasn't $70 a person I would go so that I could pick the best viewing for my GA tickets.

Some of the recent video really shows the elevation change. Turn 1 sure looks interesting coming up the hill.

If anyone is coming in town for the event let me know. Maybe we need to schedule a gathering.
    1971 911T SWT - Sun and Fun Machine
    1972 911T - "Minne" painted and undergoing assembly.

Yo,

Mark Smedley, Steve Childs from Sacramento, and Howard Yefsky from Chicago will be there.

End of back straight, corner 12 or 13 look to be serious braking zones.
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

Marty and I will be there... full 3 days, plan on driving the '71 and have paved parking in LotH.

Would be up to hosting a decklidgate from the lot. Don't know where exactly in the lot we will be each day, but willing to try to organize something.

Anyone else planning to have a P-Car at the race? The lot is for PCA and Ferrari Club folks but no requirement to only park those makes, thus P-Car presence is unknown. Would be up for a GTG Friday night in Austin somewhere if someone organizes. Saturday night we are attending the PCA Corral at the Salt Lick.

Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by richemj; 10-24-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    -Mike
    EarlyS #1320
    '71 T/RS LWT 3.2L

Thumbs up First Laps......

Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

mad scientist
    Stefan at GTS Classics has graciously offered to host a Friday night gathering. I have started another thread in the "events" section so that anyone from out of town can join the fun. Hope to see you there.

jamie
    1971 911T SWT - Sun and Fun Machine
    1972 911T - "Minne" painted and undergoing assembly.

The US F1 Grand Prix is again in Austin TX October 21-23 2016. I have gone every year and it is a can't miss event for race car fans (Even wearing 3 plastic ponchos during last years big rain storm).
    For those attending The local Hill Country PCA is hosting a night at the world famous Franklin's BBQ on Saturday night from 6-9pm with an open bar included.. The info is in this weeks PCA newsletter online. Only 60 reservations being taken.
    If you are thinking of going and have not bought your tickets I would share the following experiences and what I would do. I have been in the Ferrari paddock with all the bells and whistles including cappuciano served by beautiful Italian girls and in cheap general admission seats and I would highly recommend the GA seats where you pick a different grandstand each day. It is cheaper ad you get a far better view of the races then you do from the start/finish line.