Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Reintroducing a storied car to the Early 911S Registry...

beh,

Great find! What exactly is the little orange card I've circled the picture below?

Name:  Image2.jpg
Views: 1994
Size:  148.9 KB
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

Starting Hints for Engines with Fuel Injection

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bauer View Post
    beh,

Great find! What exactly is the little orange card I've circled the picture below?

Name:  Image2.jpg
Views: 1994
Size:  148.9 KB
    I've been waiting for a comment on this one as it is one of the more interesting things I have found in all the automobilia that has come with the car. Here's where I think it came from:

1969 was the first year for MFI and there were reports from customers of difficulties starting these cars. I imagine this was hanging from the turn signal stalk or some other appendage (key ring?) upon delivery.

Can someone else confirm this as the story for origination of this little piece?

Yes, this is the sort of stuff that came with the car. Nothing was thrown away.

I have all sorts of NOS parts (original cardboard door pockets, S calipers, seals, washers, luggage straps, etc, all bagged, boxed, and part numbered)... I will cover this attention to detail when I do an entry on the original owner. He was truly an 'original' owner!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by fryardds View Post
    Fabulous! More please.

Does this beauty have a name from the OO? Sure seems like a 'name worthy' 911 to me.
    No name from the original owner as far I know. I do have one in waiting if I go the naming route!

Way cool!!!
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC

Wonderful brochure, Have never seen it before! Carl....you know what is needed here....OBP, OBP, OBP
    Last edited by Milou; 04-21-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Hi Carl,

Wonderful find! Congratulations.
    I am 2nd owner of a '69T, and also have all the little paper goodies, window sticker, etc.
    Detail question....in one of your shots gas tank looks to be smooth semi-gloss grey.
    Do you know if that is a replacement or refinished tank??
    My tank is ripply undercoated and black.....undercoating is the "plastic" they started on the bottoms in '69 and appears original.
    I owned an original '70T that had a grey and ripply tank, which back in the day we all painted black!
    I have seen other '69s with black undercoated tanks and '70s with grey undercoated tanks.
    Just from poking around on other '69s the factory did a lot of black touch up as they did with 356s, but they did less by even 1970.
    It's the smooth finish really not the color that prompted my question....I'm guessing replacement/refinish.

What do you know? What do you think?

Mark
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

Parts Heaven...

Geez... Where to start. Well how about a sampling of the parts treasure trove via pics. This will give you an idea of this car's lovely baggage.
    Pics include:

- S Clutch replacement parts (hen's teeth, right?)
    - Koni shock decals (something tells me these are difficult to find)
    - Filters, filters, filters. And superseded Platinum plugs...
    - Never used front spoiler cut outs for fog lights in mint condition
    - Cork (yes) gasket kits. The car was sealed rather well with them when I bought it if you can believe it

This should give you an idea of what I am up against...
    Last edited by beh911; 04-21-2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: reordered pic captions

Automobilia...

More details via pics for the aficionados or crazies as my wife likes to call us.

- The original bulb kit
    - The original orange bar crest
    - '2.0' decklid badge... I've never seen one of these before!
    - Selling dealership's license plate bracket + interesting '911 S' deco plate. (Any ideas on the latter?)

The madness has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    More details via pics for the aficionados or crazies as my wife likes to call us.

- '2.0' decklid badge... I've never seen one of these before!
    - Selling dealership's license plate bracket + interesting '911 S' deco plate. (Any ideas on the latter?)

The madness has begun!
    Do you think the 2.0 badge is from a 914?

The 911S plate would have been on the car when it was new on the showroom floor. A great item to have for concours.

I have a friend in NC who has a maroon cardboard plate for a 912.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC

Window Sticker, COA, and Dealer Installed Accessories

- Dealer Installed Accessories (closeup). Everything is still on the car. The rear Hella fog is very cool with great hardware and shape to it. I had only seen the 'newer' style ones on the later cars.
    - Window sticker (closeup). No mention of the 'Loudspeaker' on the Window Sticker, but it's on the COA.
    - COA. The more I compare this doc to the window sticker, the more I realize how much of a crap shoot the whole COA research process seems to be. This COA shows the 'Rear Crash Bar' option which was never on the car. The window sticker accurately calls out the 'Porsche side lettering and Strip'. The COA calls out 'Tinted Glass', while the window sticker calls out the three different options of tinted glass on the car (correctly, front, side, and rear).

I imagine the lack of accuracy and thoroughness may have something to do with the original owner's back and forth correspondence with PCNA imploring them to get it right (yes I have all the letters... pretty cool). I have a COA from an SC that I had at the same time (late '95) and it was very accurate. I have seen many posts on the forum lately lamenting the lack of detail on the ones PCNA is churning out these days.
    Last edited by beh911; 06-07-2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: fact checking