Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 72...it's time to start a thread

Finally...

Whew! Tiling projects in the house, and multiple car projects don't work too well together. However, I did manage to get some things done to the 72....eventually. An update on things is way overdue!

The ST seats from Stephan at GTS Classics came in. The drivers seat (the important one, because it's all about me after all) has the optional lumber support. Ahhhh! I'm just waiting for the carpeting to be done and the other mounting hardware to arrive. Gonna to go with a tilting bracket on the passenger side. I'll also use some nice rails I had from an SC, with the adapter brackets, to mount em up. It'll be nice to have a seat on the drivers side! No more starting it sitting on the 911 floor.

Name:  ST seats 1.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  37.4 KB

The PMO fuel bars (and filters) came in and I had to put them on. The new hose and Norma clamps weren't on there very long...haha! I like the clamps and line, but I like no possibility of a fuel leak there even more

Name:  2011-08-12_11-17-52_687.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  86.6 KB

The seals on the rear bumperettes worked great!!! My paint feels a little safer...and they look much better too. Pics soon.

The hub was a PITA! I tried a Momo hub for a pre-73.5, but it didn't fit. I had my buddy Chris bring over a few early hubs...same thing. It's probably the original spline, but sometimes that's the way it is. We ended up trying a Boss hub with bolt holes for Nardi and a Momo. It worked!!! I ordered one right away. It's always nice to have options too.

Name:  hub.JPG
Views: 735
Size:  17.0 KB

I also changed out the fuse panel cover screws. I went from the wingnuts to the correct knurled screw type. I was even able to accomplish this because Lisa had some made. A big thanks to Lisa and Clyde!

Name:  2011-08-14_12-51-23_693.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  62.6 KB

The window cranks/knobs/covers were changed out. New knobs are going to be nice! They will look great with the door panels. When they get put in that is

Name:  2011-08-14_13-28-05_142.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  69.4 KB

Putting in a turn signal switch was a must have! It was a good thing to do while the steering wheel and the column was off.

It's been a while since my last update. I read the 911 web every day though. Here and the bird anyways. I've been making progress on it, but I'm just not as physically able as I was before the ATV accident. Falling down sucks D'oh! Here's what I've been up to.

I've managed to put in a Rennshifter and a Stomski drive coupler. While I haven't driven it yet, I'm sure that this was a very worthwhile upgrade! I had the shift knob powder coated in Satin black by Barry Galatin. It looks really look nice on the Rennshifter!

Name:  photo (9).jpg
Views: 699
Size:  85.0 KB

An Appniz rear deck in leather to match the RS door panels.

Euro lenses with new housings. The housings I had before were mis-matched. One was metal/original and one was the plastic kind. So, I just went ahead and replaced them both. I like the euro lenses on there as well. I also nstalled new lens seals and drain tubes.

Name:  IMG_1098.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  76.4 KB

I got some TN4 TTG lights from Alex Assink (911_2.2T) and I also got a great switch to go with them from him. Those with a pair of grills from Eric Linded (soterik) are gonna be really nice!

Name:  ttg1.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  127.9 KB

A washer bottle and pump from Tom Butler. I went ahead and replaced the hose and the Ts while I was at it. It's a factory A/C car, so the bottle was moved there. Even though, it doesn't even have a pump I just used a tire iron to "pop" the pump on there.

Name:  photo (11).JPG
Views: 678
Size:  36.5 KB

Engine bay decals from Alan at Canford Classics (Alan.uk). They are metal decals and they look excellent in there (even without the fan and rain hats). I have the timing decal for the fan strap as well...waiting until the fan/shroud/strap go on there first. I just got the fan strap back from Barry also. It's now in a freshly powder coated satin finish.

Name:  IMG_1058.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  101.8 KB

So many accomplishments, I gotta put it two replies That NEVER happens!
    Last edited by gregbus; 12-17-2013 at 07:49 AM.
    Greg

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...you're right.” - Henry Ford

A fan and fan housing restored by Mark Motshagen. Perfecto...he even repired the screwdriver damage and zinced up the outer pully! I can't imagine what would make a better first impression. That thing just looks great!

Name:  IMG_1252.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  80.1 KB

A Nardi 360mm steering wheel to go on the Boss hub. I like the feel of it a bunch!

Name:  Nardi_Classic_360mm.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  43.9 KB

Here's a pic of the Stomski coupler installed.

Name:  IMG_1209.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  67.9 KB
    Greg

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...you're right.” - Henry Ford

Looks like it's off by one spline. Great work!!!

Hope you're on the mend. ATV's can kick your ass in a hurry.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Hi Tom...it could certainly be off by a spline. Considering I haven't adjusted it yet, I'd be happy with it only being off a spline
    Greg

Only kidding (about the spline). The car looks great.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

That still wouldn't make it any less funny...haha!
    Greg

Hi, I really like your air cleaner setup. I tried to find the source in this thread, but couldnt find it. Maybe you had them custom made? Please let me know if and where I can buy them.

Regards,

Johan
    Last edited by jsoderbe; 05-19-2012 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

Hi Johan,

I like em as well! Nope...they were nothing I had made. The air filters are BBR (Billy Boat Racing). They have the same foam bases they use on the tea balls. You can get those locally at a carb shop, or order some up on eBay. The rain hats are mix-n-match 906 tho. I went with one flat one on the left, and a bent one on the right. The flat one came from Ramon Gellida http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...6-Rain-Shields. You'll see a post on there from Andy (in Australia) about the one bent I got from him. We both sent them to Barry to have them powder coated.

Thanks,

Greg
    Greg

I just realized that I hadn't posted those pics in this thread yet. D'oh! Good thing I had most of it done already.

I pulled the guages (with a little Chris assist on the odometer) and sent em off to North Hollywood Speedo to get redone. I'll go with a 10k tachand the LED lighting too. The rest of the car is alredy LED for the lights anyway. It's just a good driver, so I don't have to be too anal about things. I'm anal enough as is

Name:  2011-09-04_09-42-35_565.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  89.7 KB

I put in some LED bulbs. Mostly, because I wanted to. They're brighter, you can choose the appropriate angle, and they cun cooler. Besides, it's pretty easy to change a bulb. I can't find it now, but it was a thread on this site I used for reference. I put in some vaccum line to repalce the felt pads on the dividers. I ended up going with the 4 LED marker light.

Name:  2011-06-20_09-22-09_738.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  52.1 KB

I had an ST hoop from TRE culped to hold some Rapa seat belt harnesses. My buddy Kenny is a MASTER welder! Some 15mm bolts were put in the cross member to make it removeble. There is still about an inch of space between the bar and the rear quarter widow, so it'll have plenty of clearance to remove. I got some roll bar clips to hold in the belt wraps from TRE as well.

Name:  roll bar culped 1.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  47.2 KB

The seat brackets... I went with a height adjustable bracket on the drivers side, and a tilting bracket for the passenger side. Withth the removable cross member, it'll give me access to the rear interior of the car. I'm not gonna lie, putting on the brackets wasn't fun. Certaily doable...but I didn't get a warm n fuzzy feeling doing it Pics to come.

RS door panels from Appbiz. I got the billet aluminum door handle bezels for it as well. They look nice and sturdy. That, and the just look nice. I also got the welting for the panel itself. No door tops yet, but it's on the home stetch now.

Name:  IMG_1387.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  82.0 KB

Rain hats. I ended up going with a flat one, and a bent one. I got the bent one (I'm pretty sure it's a Sycip) and the flat one both powder coated in black so they're the same color, coating and everything. IE...see anal

Name:  IMG_1010.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  97.8 KB
    Last edited by gregbus; 08-27-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    Greg