Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 72...it's time to start a thread

Repa not Rapa! Gotta love spellcheck.
    Greg

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...you're right.” - Henry Ford

Looking good Greg!
    Rich
    1966 911 #303872
    ES#1197
    RG#478

What's your guys take on the Renn Shifter?

IMHO Other than it looks nice and feels smooth in there...I've never driven that car with it yet. I'd driven my buddy Chris' Rennshift before, but that was a 901 tranny. Though, I do remember liking the feeling MUCH better than stock. I was comparing that one and the Wevo. I ended up going with this one and a Stomski coupler. I got an endorsement from Chris that he liked it. That, and everything I've read about on this site it seemed pretty positive. From what I gathered, you'd be pretty safe either way. More or less available funds.
    Greg

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...you're right.” - Henry Ford

Thanks Rich! It has a ways to go (just like me), but it's making progress. Someday...
    Greg

For those of you that don't already know...my coordination and balance leaves a little bit to be desired. Ok...it sucks, and I fall down a lot. Having TBI, it's not always an easy/safe thing for me to get out there and work on it is why it takes me some time to make progress. Only having the one coordinated hand won't help things much either. Did I mention that it happens to be my left that is coordinated, and I'm right handed?

Anywho...here's a the pic of the driver side seat bracket. I'm using SC sliders on there because...well, I had em. I went with a height adjustable bracket on the drivers side, and a tilt bracket on the passenger side.

Name:  photo (16).JPG
Views: 491
Size:  37.3 KB

LED bulbs. I like them in there. They run cooler...they're brighter...you can choose the angle...and it's easy enough to change 'em back to incandecent bulbs. What's not to like? I did them up in the front too. I followed the idea from the thread http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...onversion.html and used the vacuum line for the dividers.

Name:  tail lamps LED.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  62.5 KB

I put the sound deadening material in. I went with Rockford Fogate Deadskin. I'm using this stuff for a few reasons. Being self-addhesive and pre-cut is a big thing for gimp like me. And...if it can quiet a woofer, it should be able to quiet a muffler. Now, if it could only stop the ratting in the boom Civics That foam/metal material under the deck was pretty heavy too. Not that this stuff was light or anything.
    Name:  IMG_1556.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  120.4 KB

I just got the gauges redone at North Hollywood Speedo. They did a GREAT job! I went with a 10k tach and a 180 mph speedo. I went ahead and got the quartz converison the clock and new bezels.
    Name:  gauges.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  47.1 KB

I put in some Rennline floorboards. My options were the origial wood, ABS plastic, or aluminum. Because they are going to be underneath the carpet, I went with the aluminum becuse they will last forever. I just used an additional rubber washer to get the clutch stop to cinch up. While I was at it, I went ahead and replaced the pedal pads and the gas pedal bolts.
    Name:  IMG_1691.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  143.0 KB
    Last edited by gregbus; 08-22-2012 at 06:57 PM.
    Greg

I had Barry recoat the smuggler box cover in Satin. Folks may not see it under the carpet, but I'd still know it. It'd bug me, so I just went ahead and had it done again. D'oh...you learn something new every day. He also coated the shift knob whil he was at it.
    Name:  shift knob.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  95.1 KB

I got some covers for the TTG lights from Eric (soteric). Because he sold out so quickly, all he had left were the all white covers left. I went to eBay and got some vinyl decals. 4 bucks and 5 minutes later, here is how they turned out. btw...they are GREAT fitting covers! They'll protect the lenses from road debris for now, but I'll still get a set of black ones with a white logo. Eric put aside a set for me.
    Name:  IMG_1515.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  52.5 KB

The brackets were something different all together. Thanks to Alex telling me about them, I was lucky and the battery boxes already had the holes pre-drilled. I just had to take out some plugs, and I was set. Because I only have the one coordiated hand, I used a little mirror to line up the brackets. Wala...it even worked I also got new mouting hardware for the grills. Can't wait!
    Name:  IMG_1692.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  92.0 KB
    Greg

Wish I was around to help out. Keep it up!

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Can you put me in touch with Mark Motshagen? I'd like for him to do my fan the same way...

Vic

No worries at all...he's a nice guy to work with. He does really good work too! His email address is: mots356 AT yahoo DOT com.
    Greg