Thread: Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix July Roadtrip.

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix July Roadtrip.

Organizing a trip to the PVGP on July 22 to 25.

The plan is to roadtrip out with a group of guys from Speciality Cars in Allentown Pa to Pittsburgh for the Vintage Gran prix weekend in Schenley Park. This year Porsche is the Marque and ARPCA has a great set up including catered lunches all weekend and parade laps of the track on sunday. The hotel will be the Wyndham in Oakland, Pittsburgh only a few minutes from the park. They are expecting HUNDREDS of Porsches to be in attendance. If your interested please make your hotel arrangements at the link mentioning the Gran Prix for reduced rates of 140$ night plus parking which will be secured. You will also need to register with ARPCA for the infield parking, car show and catered weekend. Drop a note here, so we can make plans for the drive and locations to meet everyone along the way.

Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix
    http://www.pvgp.org/pvgp/site/default.asp

Porsche Marque
    http://www.pvgp.org/674610123153428980/site/default.asp

Hotel Partner- Wyndham
    http://www.pvgp.org/674698122011510/site/default.asp

The drive out will include a FallingWater - Frank Lloyd Wright House visit and great side trip off the Turnpike.
    http://www.fallingwater.org/

Hope to see everyone there. I've been to the PVGP the last 3 years and it has always been a fantastic time. Come relax, enjoy a few cocktails -watching the races and walking among a thousand plus vintage cars of all makes and models.

Cheers Girt
    Last edited by GirtAllerton72T; 06-15-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Girt,
    I'd like to go. It is the first year that the PVGP date hasn't conflicted with the Road America (BRIC) vintage races. I don't know if the 356 or the '72 will be best for the trip, or exactly when I'll go, but I'm working on making it happen. Please keep us posted on plans.
    Lee Giannone (Eastern PA)
    Early S Registry #808
    1960 356 Super 90 Roadster
    1966 911 2.0L Vintage Racecar
    1972 RSR Tribute
    1975 Privateer RSR (Diego Febles)
    1997 993 C2S Factory Aero
    1984 962-102 (Coca-Cola / Akin)
    1973 RS Carrera #911 360 1018 (2008 Parade Grand Champion) Sold
    1968 911L #11810414 FIA Group 2 Rallye Car (Destroyed in Fire '08)
    1975 RSR #911 560 9114 (Sold)
    1975 RSR #911 560 9122 (Sold)

East Coast
    Lee and Girt,
    I think I'm in for this.I will keep you posted.

OG3
    RG715

Lee, Me thinks the 72 would be right for this event. Truely stands out in a crowd. Hope to have both you guys there.

You're in for a really good time at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. I haven't missed one in years and grew to like the event so much that I've been volunteering for over a decade. We had a car show committee meeting last night where folks from the Allegheny Region of the PCA noted that they're now expecting a 901 might attend. I hope you have safe travels, a great time, and bring lots of friends because you'll get tired of telling everybody about everything you saw... just let them see it first hand!