For Sale: 1971 Porsche 911T
Engine Type: 911/07
Engine #: 6114459
Transaxle Type: 911/01
This 911T was brought up to Calgary from California in 1992 as a good running driving car. Unfortunately, before it was even registered, it was broken into and had a lit newspaper tossed on the back seats in an act of vandalism. The minor fire damaged the headliner, rear seats, and seat back of the front seats. Rather than fix the damage, the owner rolled it into a barn and left it there until he sold it in 2005 as a restoration project. Fast forward to today and it sits in mostly bare metal in need of restoration. Car is 95% complete – some parts are in boxes and will go with the car
*** Comes with Bill of Sale Only ***
This car was never registered in Canada. It was last registration was in 1992 in California, but the title and border paperwork were lost over the past 19 years. I can supply a bill of sale with the car. I can also store the car until you are able to get a title if needed.
- Originally Metallic Gold
- Includes 4x late flat 6x15” Fuchs
- 2.2 911T engine – correct year and type, but serial number seems a mismatch.
- 5-spd 911/01 transaxle
- Engine turns over, but has not been started.
- Carbs are Weber 40 IDA – not IDTs
- Needs to have remaining paint stripped and then painted.
- Surface rust from sitting in the driveway
- Front pan, floors, and battery boxes seem pretty solid
- One small patch needed in the pedal area and another under the smugglers box.
- One small patch needed behind drivers seat near rocker
- Drivers side B-pillar is a bit soft – starting to bubble a bit.
- Driver side rocker is a bit soft around the jacking point.
- Passenger door skin getting a bit of rust through – new skin included
- Needs work – most rear items missing or need a recover due to fire
- Front seats need a recover
- No door panels.
- Original gauges are include in a box
- 1971 2.2 911T
- Type # 911/07
- Serial # 6114459
- Turns over by hand – no attempt to start
- Distributor is missing
- Includes complete Weber IDA carbs
- Electrics look to be original.
- 5-spd 911/01
- Open diff
- Can shift to all 5 gears and reverse - has not been road tested though
Parts from the car in boxes:
- Front windshield
- Door regulators, frames and glass
- Rear window
- New right side door skin
- Front bumper
- Headliner bows
This would be a good start for a RS conversion, an ambitious restoration to original or even a solid basis for a track car.
Looking for $7,250 OBO for the complete car or $4,750 as a roller (less engine and transaxle).
Feel free to ask any questions or request addition detailed photos.
Will try to get photos up on picasa tonight if they can reset my password - in the mean time, there are some pictures over on the bird: