Thread: Photos from 'Guys Only Car Tour' to England & France

Photos from 'Guys Only Car Tour' to England & France

Quote Originally Posted by RC70SCoupe View Post
    GREAT shots!! Thanks for posting. We went (to Le Mans) in 2006, never to be forgotten. Please post some photos of Normandy and the rest of the tour!
    This is my second 'Guys Only' tour. I went in 2007 where our destination was the Bugatti collection in Mulhouse (FR), Porsche & Mercedes in Stuttgart, Lake Constance & Zermatt (Germany/Switzerland) and Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ducati, etc., in Italy.

This year trip included tours of Jaguar, Bentley, Morgan and Aston Martin. We spend a day at a club event at the Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb, one of the oldest racing clubs in the UK. We went to Brooklands and sped around the Mercedes World track on AMG 63's. Also visited the The Francis Tuthill Rally Prep Shop (East African Safari contenders), plus Tank Museum and Fleet Air Arm Museum of Royal Navy.

We next went across Channel on a ferry to Cherbourg, France. Spend a full day at Normandy Landing areas - Ste. Mere Eglise, Utah Beach, Point du Hoc, Omaha Beach. Then we finished with the lowering the flags at the American cemetery & memorial at Omaha Beach. LeMans is covered on the other thread.

Here are some photos. Others will follow in next posts. Eduardo (Carmel)
    Attached Images Attached Images      

which hillclimb is the first picture of ?
    Nick D - Run Flat

1973 RHD 911 Carrera RS #0358 - Fun Car
    2016 Cayenne Diesel - Tow Car
    2017 Macan S - Better Half's Car

1955 356 Speedster SOLD
    1976 911 2.7 SOLD
    2006 Cayman S SOLD
    2006 Cayenne S SOLD
    2008 Carrera S F77 SOLD
    2011 Cayenne S TOTALLED (T-Boned but kept us safe)
    2015 Macan S SOLD
    2015 GT3 - Track Car
    2016 Cayenne SOLD
    2016 Cayenne GTS TOTALLED (Bloody big deer)

Still looking for 1st Edition Carrera RS book #358.

Life is way too short to drive boring cars.

The hill climb photos are of Shelsley Walsh. This is the oldest course in England, founded early in the 1900's. This was a championship event on a Sunday. Jaguar was the featured marque. I also attended the previous Sunday race at the Prescott Hill Climb, the second best known hill climb course in England, which was founded in the 1930's. Both are just beautiful, bucolic racing venues that are almost unique to England. Our most famous hill climb, Pikes Peak, is nothing like this. This is a classy event where people dress up to go to the event and bring a picnic to enjoy a day of 'uphill' racing! z356 (Carmel)

David asked: "And do include some photos from Tuthills!" Ok, here are some! They were preparing several cars for the East African Safari during our visit. The tour was lead by Francis' son Richard, who is a very experienced racer in his own right. You will see him in the last photo in front of a 911 tub. Danny Sullivan and his wife are current clients. Very interesting work they are doing right in the outskirts of a tiny rustic village in the middle of the Cotswolds! z356

thanks for the pics and info - I have done Prescott myself a few year back in my 73 RS - an RS day organized by Paul Howells.

Tuthills - they know their porsches for sure - I believe they worked on the factory SCRS's back in the day. although the sunroof they fabricate is a little small for my taste !! (see last pic)
    Nick D - Run Flat

1973 RHD 911 Carrera RS #0358 - Fun Car
    2016 Cayenne Diesel - Tow Car
    2017 Macan S - Better Half's Car

1955 356 Speedster SOLD
    1976 911 2.7 SOLD
    2006 Cayman S SOLD
    2006 Cayenne S SOLD
    2008 Carrera S F77 SOLD
    2011 Cayenne S TOTALLED (T-Boned but kept us safe)
    2015 Macan S SOLD
    2015 GT3 - Track Car
    2016 Cayenne SOLD
    2016 Cayenne GTS TOTALLED (Bloody big deer)

Still looking for 1st Edition Carrera RS book #358.

Life is way too short to drive boring cars.

Love that pic with the two D Types. Just exudes the flavor of a UK hill climb event. More please.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Last photos I have from Shelsley Walsh, including old 1200 AD church on the grounds!