Thread: Monterey/ Pebble Beach 2011

Monterey/ Pebble Beach 2011

So it looks like this years Pebble Beach Events are happening Aug 15th through the 21st. Any meeting plans developing this year? Baja Cantina, wine run, Laguna Seca, trying to jump the big hole on Hwy1 heading toward Big Sur?
    I'm looking forward to catching up with the gang.

Rumors developing of a Porsche get together at a local Monterey winery for a tasting/ luncheon. Any other news?

I just posted the weeks events on the blog. Here is the link: http://johnstraub.blogspot.com/2011/...week-2011.html

If there is a Porsche get together, I'll add it.

John
    1965 911 #301111, Red Book Vol 1 "Cover Car," owned 53 years.
    1967 911 #307347, bare-bones, some road wear, a little surface rust, and a few dents..., owned 13 years.
    1970 914/6GT, (Sold - ran the last three Rennsports)owned 30 years.

Photography Site: JohnStraubImageWorks.com

Registry #983
    R Gruppe #741

Thanks for the response John. My buddy is a student at the Naval Post Grad School in Monterey, and moonlights at the winery in question. He has a 996, so don't hold it against him They are trying to get some interest buzzing of this Porsche meet and see how it goes. It is at the Chateau Julian Estate, date is TBD.
    http://www.chateaujulien.com/
    I'll let you know if I hear something official.

Porsche Dinner

http://www.chateaujulien.com/shop/product_214.html?

On Wed., 8-17 CJ is having the Porsche marque for dinner. A GREAT value and a lot of fun. Perfect setting
    If you look at the photo in the brochure hard enough, you will see several S Registry members from the dinner about 2 years ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI