Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 9113600266 early RS sold at auction today

Thank you for the explanation, Jeff.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Frank was right about steel tank on that car but for the wrong reason
    Better to be lucky than good; how I got my wife.

Thanks Jeff. I knew there was some good reason.

Yes but does your wife think she was lucky with her side of the bargain?

Banned
    Yes but does your wife think she was lucky with her side of the bargain?
    Ha!
    Greatest bait and switch ever but now she's stuck with me.

Really wish they would have left this car without the script. It's such a stealthy look.

No it has plastic tank

As it should for a French car apparently, unless it had optional air con Patrick. Jeff's input has explained why we were confused on that particular car. He should know his onions -- Jeff has had his RS longer than many

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    VIN = 9113600266
    Eng# = 6630273
    Trans# = 7830270
    Prod# = ?

'. . .

European Collectibles performed a ground-up restoration down to the tub over a 24-month period from 2013 to 2015. Every aspect of the vehicle was addressed with no expense spared. The entire tub was stripped down to the bare metal. All panels, front fenders, and bumpers were pre-fit to ensure the absolute best result. The entire body and undercarriage was painted with Glasurit Light Ivory (paint code 131) to original factory specification. The interior has been completely re-upholstered in “Touring” trim. The complete driveline was rebuilt and everything was addressed including engine, fuel injection pump, transmission with the special RS oil pump, clutch, brake system, tires, suspension, wire harness have all been rebuilt within the last 2,100 Kilometers. Both the engine and gearbox are matching
    . . .'

I’m glad no car of mine was restored by European Collectibles. And based on the Seinfeld Speedster etc I would want pre restoration photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    . . . In the interest of discouraging rumors and tale bearing:

Yes we have purchased this car.
    Yes, we started the restoration years ago for a customer of ours. (The car has been in the Phoenix area since the mid-seventies.)
    No, we are not related to or affiliated with the previous owner except that he has been a wonderful customer over the last 15 years.

It will be restored to "as delivered" condition and should be an exceptional example when completed
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fourteenten View Post
    . . . comfort seats are gone, kneepads are incorrect and why on earth did they mount US spec turn signal lenses??? Fuel/oil gauge incorrect, window washer reservoir at an odd place . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    . . . I'll take credit for liberating the car in 2011 and rebuilding the engine/trans (but not that hideous black A/C comp!) and nothing else. Feel free to swing away but it seems to me the trespasses could be easily remedied . . .

. . . still have the front bumper and tank
    . . .
    . . . Afiak . . . For #266 beyond spacesaver the roadwheels would have certainly been CN 36 not later Pirellis nor later Dunlops UK .

Lights should be yellow for France spec iirc.

. . . a French early car ought to have its S bumper if adherence to original spec is the goal. Doubt that is the original toolkit based on comparison to my similar 2** RS -- seems earlier type.

From quick glance hard to see if there is rippled shutz on rear chassis legs or not-- shouldn't be on early car. Likewise homologation cars didn't get that under hood lid/ interior.

Should from this date have a one of the very rare plastic horn push if not boken or lost. Likely metal but hard to be sure from photo.

No vin stamps or engine stamps shown? Vin should have the extra stamping on VIN that France required.

Agree seatbelt questionable . . .

Probably other points. Most details can be fixed but could have been done with more care and knowledge to get it right first time
    . . .

'. . . European Collectibles performed a ground-up restoration down to the tub over a 24-month period from 2013 to 2015. Every aspect of the vehicle was addressed with no expense spared. The entire tub was stripped down to the bare metal. All panels, front fenders, and bumpers were pre-fit to ensure the absolute best result. The entire body and undercarriage was painted with Glasurit Light Ivory (paint code 131) to original factory specification. The interior has been completely re-upholstered in “Touring” trim. The complete driveline was rebuilt and everything was addressed including engine, fuel injection pump, transmission with the special RS oil pump, clutch, brake system, tires, suspension, wire harness have all been rebuilt within the last 2,100 Kilometers. Both the engine and gearbox are matching . . .'

https://www.europeancollectibles.com...911-carrera-rs

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    . . . glad no car of mine was restored by European Collectibles . . .

.................................................. ...................
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by LongRanger; 04-18-2019 at 10:52 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

Price = ? . . .

. . .

.................................................. ....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    Pretty sure that engine had an NOS fan on it when it left my care.