Thread: Autobahn Interiors inside look, SoCal tour

Autobahn Interiors inside look, SoCal tour

I was on vacation with my family in SoCal and stopped by to meet Tony and the crew at Autobahn Interiors in San Diego. Great family run business, super nice guy and seeing old school craftsmanship at work was awesome. I was having so much fun looking at the seats, talking shop with Tony and his son, and kinda spaced out shooting photos on the fly with my iPhone, duho. I did bring my Olympus DSLR and at the last minute was able to have the wife shoot off a photo right before we left

But first, on the way we stopped at my fav local "Los Palmitos Taco Shop" on Clairemont Mesa Blvd for the necessary Mexican food fix.

I'm a Californian living in Vermont and if any of you local SoCal dudes would know, being without the real deal is tough! Living in Vermont and back in New England just isn't the same, I was craving proper local Mexican food. MoF, that's all we really ate for two weeks! Chili Relleno and cheese enchilada was my choice (#2 on the menu if you get there).

Autobahn Interiors recently finished sport seats

Refinished steering wheel, true definition of the words "hand stitched"

Tony's 1971 targa in-progress. Planning to be a softy

More in the shop. They were working on several early 911s, interiors, a set of normal seats and a red bucket sport seat

All the years of seat patterns add up!

Houndstooth, tartans, fabrics and more

Inner foam contruction

The money shot, nestled into some comfy sport seats! Tony is on the right and yours truly is on the left.
    Last edited by ts rennsport; 07-01-2011 at 07:06 AM.

More from SoCal tour

North Beach, San Clemente, CA
    1951 Ford Country Squire Woodie, uber kewl!

I was also able to stop by European Collectibles on PCH to poke around the '73 Carrera RS #901 and see the '68 911L they have. While there Todd mentioned, "What's up with Vermont lately...?" He said they recently shipping a black 912 and 993 cab back to Vermont two weeks prior and then I show up from Vermont!