Thread: rally spares, tool partition etc -what was there and how was it stored?

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar

rally spares, tool partition etc -what was there and how was it stored?

i have been thinking about rally spares, tools etc lately..

we have a list of what elford/stone carried to monte carlo

but do we know what was actually placed in the partition? also how was it secured or stored? I would think a ralley driver wouldnt want a whole bunch of stuff just stuffed into little nooks in the back unless they were really secured?

sorry, been really thinking about small details and minutia lately...

what kind of fire extinguisher, what kind of first aid kit, what kind of window scraper, what did the wheel brace look like, what kind of tools, how were the tools carried (what kind of tool bag? factory? hazelt?), what kind of warning triangle, how were two spare tires held in the back seat (just leather straps or anything else holding it in place), what kind of shovel would have been used, saw blade (hack saw??).. gas and oil cans.. what type? jerry cans? any other options?

other things like tire bottle of air is known.. but what about these other items.

and the other question is this was what was on board for the monte.. but was this typical? what would factory and privateers have on hand in the car? and what would be on hand instead of in support vehicles?

if i was going to make my car a typical rally car of teh era, what would really be in place?
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

Harry, these are a few pics from that same list. I hope some of your questions are answered.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Matt Hart
    matthartcreative@instagram
    RHD 914
    1980 911SC (sold)
    69' T (sold)
    Early 911s reg # 994

Some more..
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Matt Hart
    RHD 914
    1980 911SC (sold)
    69' T (sold)
    Early 911s reg # 994

Quote Originally Posted by matt911 View Post
    Harry, these are a few pics from that same list. I hope some of your questions are answered.
    I believe the 1st group of photos is the 1972 Monte Carlo Larrousse car. But where/when/who is the 2nd group ?
    Last edited by peekaboo; 07-01-2011 at 10:14 PM.

The first 3 are from the 1972 Larousse car.
    The rest are from the 1969 Waldegard Monte Carlo winning car.
    Matt Hart
    RHD 914
    1980 911SC (sold)
    69' T (sold)
    Early 911s reg # 994