Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 LastLast

Thread: Light Yellow ST in Progress

When I visited the old museum in 07, I took a couple of pics...one shows the door latch panel, and one shows a fender well...both of which were painted black. This car began life as a 72 Werks ST, and shows that the factory did indeed use black in lots of areas on their special cars....not sure why.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Hi Gib, the link i posted does bring you to the pictures you were looking for

Ready to start the engine now...it's been interesting making adjustments of various components that is always required when installing 50 year old technology with non factory components. I will post a video link of the engine running soon...fingers crossed...
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Here are a couple of pics of the 'plug' that is pressed into the driver side center oiling cam. Thanks to Gordon Ledbetter (gled49) for mentoring me on how to make the plug and other suggestions on various aspects of this engine. This is my first experience with center oiling cams, and the engine mounted filter, and Gordon visited my shop awhile back and has responded to several calls and emails with answers to my questions.
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 03-23-2019 at 12:29 AM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Got the engine running today...still lots of adjustments to make with linkage, balancing air flow, timing, etc. But it is nice to see it run...and hear it.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

How about a small video soon, then?

Here you go....just shot a short one today...still want to do some tuning on the lift, then drive it with my A/F equipment on the exhausts to see how it goes down the road. Always lots to adjust after running on the lift in my experience.

\\https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l9n1Q5COMs
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Thank you. It sounds good.

I have seen this car in real when they where working on it in Freiberg.
    Totally in love with it!!! love your build.

Getting close to final checks...took the car off the lift yesterday to drive down my country road....man, it has lots of torque when those HBs open up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahQtqbJFDpc
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17