Page 24 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Light Yellow ST in Progress

S/T Flares

. . . another old 'flare' thread . . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...6130-ST-Flares

We Can Be Heroes

Longranger:

Thanks for posting the link to that 2005 S/T thread. It reminds me of how far we have come in collective knowledge of how these cars looked and were used in the early 70s. It is an indication of the impact the internet has had in informing guys around the world through photos from the day along with specification documents. I had not seen the 2 Toad Hall pics from Daytona 73...where this 72 ST was running with 9+11x15 Fuchs (as was Kremer #54)

And...here is one more current privateer ST that Randy is familiar with.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Quote Originally Posted by Flunder View Post
    Gib:

Lots of good work evident in that image, a lot more than meets the eye.

Great looking set of lines. Hats off to you and Brad.

Thanks for all the updates.

TC
    Tom:

Thanks for the comment. Using the brass trombone pieces (and other factory oil line pieces) doesn't make for quite the elegant look that the lines in your 'Olive Tart' has, but by cutting and splicing various segments, I was able to make the lines provide a smooth path and fit stress free using flexible hose sections. As you know, getting 2 coolers mounted under the fenders and connected to hard lines across the trunk and back to the tank is not a walk in the park.

Brad's hose pieces and crimped barrels come close to duplicating factory lines, and the factory 30 mm nuts and end pieces on all the connections should keep the system leak free...knock on wood.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Thanks Gib and Tom,

Amazing work done by Gib with the hard lines. Making these sections all come together seamlessly with clean lines is awfully tricky. The compound bends of the hard sections required two different crimpers to reach the crimp collars successfully. Most are done with the factory 8 sided crimp and the rest with a modified jaw in the Cohline crimper.

Best regards,

Brad
    Brad Davis
    RGruppe #691
    Early 911S #1547

Wow! Check out the big brain on Brad! Nice.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Answering an off line question...the headlights are SWB buckets fitted with Marchal Amplilux lights.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I posted this pic on Mike Moore's thread on the GHE tie downs, but I felt I needed to post it here also. Sam Gassel sent me a large file pic of the 73 Brumos RSR showing the upper tie down bracket with the mounting screws headed toward the bottom rather than toward the top as many other original RSRs and STs from the factory were made. So the factory did it both ways....just another example that there were no 'absolutes' when it came to how the factory did things. So the restoration communitiy can rest easier now...there is no wrong way to mount the upper bracket.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Here are pics of the short oil lines installed on the 28 tube coolers. They fit nicely, thanks Brad Davis for your good work.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Here is the trunk area with the crossover lines hooked up to the short cooler lines. I am going with dual batteries so have run the cable to the passenger side. Still some things to do, but it is getting there.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Looks great Gib!
    Cant wait to see it!
    I think mine might be done before yours! Bwahaha!
    Espo
    75 911 SCRS