Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Light Yellow ST in Progress

I was asked for a profile shot...so here you go....
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Attended the Scottsdale Cars & Coffee event this morning...I found out that the event was started years ago by some Lamborghini and Ferrari owners who wanted to show their expensive rides. Well, there were a gaggle of them today, along with a half dozen McLaren's, a few Jags and Mercs, a few American hotrods, many Mustangs and Corvettes, and maybe a dozen or more Porsche's... 911s, 944s, 914-6. The high end boys really are the show...and you have to get there before 6:30 to get a decent parking spot where all the lookers spend most of their time. I arrived about 7:15...so out amongst the commoners.

A few came around to look at the LY ST though, and the first ones to show up were these very nice looking young ladies....(I didn't pay them...) proving that Light Yellow attracts more than just bees . Then over the next hour or so a few guys pondered it...most with cameras, and a few questions about the car. I was really surprised at how many young folks were wandering around at 7:30 AM...more than old guys I would say.

Probably the wildest thing there was this heavily modded VW...I couldn't help but wonder what vision the guy had to build this. (he was an older guy...like me.)
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Here's the backend of that VW...not sure how this thing would handle. A 991 in yellow seemed lonely all morning, and a Nissan GTR got very little interest. But one of the girls came back awhile later...not sure why, but posed for a nice shot. Maybe some of you young guys should think about painting your long hoods a bright color...rather than those dark ones...or silver...it might be worth it in lots of ways.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I always thought Light Yellow was a car that looked good- on other people's cars, but maybe I should consider it for my own car.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

I bet the old Toad Hall car was as good a Crumpet Catcher as Gib's ST. Nice to see he is carrying on the tradition.
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

Quote Originally Posted by Flunder View Post
    I bet the old Toad Hall car was as good a Crumpet Catcher as Gib's ST. Nice to see he is carrying on the tradition.
    Tom:

This is the only picture from the CD I got from Michael Keyser showing a 'Crumpet-Catcher' moment with a Toad Hall car....

Looks like maybe she was telling the young man she would REALLY like for him to get her one of these for her birthday...and his reaction was...'you're kidding, right?'
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Sometimes, a guy just has to get out of the desert...

photos by Richard Truesdell.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Just beautiful. Thanks for the inspirational screen saver!
    Zed

Not bad Gib, not bad at all.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

I was asked to show some of the features of this build...so here are some odd shots. I am working on a new MFI engine project for this ST...more details to follow.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17