Page 62 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Light Yellow ST in Progress

Nice post Gib. Now stick it in the "Le sarthe" thread where it belongs. I didn't get a chance to meet Marco but i will watch the car in action at Classic Le Mans.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Nice post Gib. Now stick it in the "Le sarthe" thread where it belongs. I didn't get a chance to meet Marco but i will watch the car in action at Classic Le Mans.
    Done.

Stretch, you will see the car with the proper front wheels at CLM...8x15s. Marco ran out of time to get these finished for Essen, and used 7s. BTW, the car will be in the Porsche display area for both 24 Heures Du Mans, and CLM according to Marco. I am hoping that Michael Keyser will attend Le Mans to appear with the car. Marco has reached out to him...but I don't know if he will attend. Jurgen Barth will attend I think.

Your seat belts looked great in the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I hope Louis Meznarie is invited to the party also, for Le Mans Classic. He is 86 now but remembers everything about every cars he has worked on!

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    I hope Louis Meznarie is invited to the party also, for Le Mans Classic. He is 86 now but remembers everything about every cars he has worked on!
    928cs,

I have asked Marco about Meznarie...we'll see if he attends LM.

I am posting a pic of the dash...for NickP...I removed the Becker Europa radio....I just never listened to it, and it began to bug me a little. The vinyl on the radio plate is temporary (not correct vinyl)...just did it to remind me how nice and clean the dash looks in its simple form.

I have finally come around to wireless earbuds working with my 'silly smart phone' , so don't need a radio or speakers...but in this ST, nothing is needed...just the sweet raspy sound of the flat six winding up in gear after gear.

Also, a couple of my fav's...
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 05-01-2016 at 09:53 AM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Recent pics from Marco of the Toad Hall ST, now with the correct 8x15 Fuchs in front. Pics were from a dinner event Marco held for the Porsche Classic guys (28) who worked on the 2.5 yr. restoration. Not many customers of PC would do this...speaks a lot of the kind of guy Marco is. Le Mans is the next event for the car.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Gib- You're not alone on such matters. Tom originally installed the glove box door on the O Tart only to remove it a bit later, so you are in good company although a Becker radio is a bit "out of the box" on an ST. The clean dash does look much more fitting and I'm certain the sound you'll get from ear buds is much better that whatever was coming from those ill-mounted speakers anyways. Well done!

My car is at Wayne Baker's shop in San Diego where the assembly has begun. It is starting to look like a car.....finally.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

I guess now you'll have to remove the rear defrost switch also. You know, while you're in there.
    72S, 72T now ST

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    I guess now you'll have to remove the rear defrost switch also. You know, while you're in there.
    Scott,

While not used now, that switch is connected to a wire with 12 volts to drive a cold start solenoid on the fuel filter for a few seconds before cranking. It will be used when the engine is converted to twin plug MFI. As you have demonstrated with your ST, these beasts are never DONE.
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 05-03-2016 at 07:29 AM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

The Michael Keyser signed plaque is now in the dash center panel which looks better than before. The pics are out of focus...no flash...but at least the dash area looks vintage now with radio delete. I'll get some better shots later when I have the car out in the AZ early morning sun.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Makes them look like vintages photos....Change them to B&W....
    H