Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394

Thread: 1973 Sepia 911S

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia911S View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am just fine and the car is, too. I just got old. I am 75 but don't look 75 nor act 75. It is just the right time to sell Sepia. My shifting has slowed down and increasing I worried about some idiot rear-ending the 911S and destroying that powerful engine.

It was incredibly hard to start the 911S one last time and back her down the driveway. My dream is to find someone who wants something more than just a very nice early 911. Hopefully, it will still be driven, carefully, in 2073.

More to come,
    Candyce
    Candyce

Hopefully you’ll maintain the friendships that the car has helped you forge. Do let me know if you’re visiting London anytime in the future.

Best wishes,

Steve

MY THOUGHTS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE — PAST, PRESENT, and FUTURE

Name:  IMG_0204.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  109.0 KB

“Hopefully, you’ll maintain the friendships that the car has helped you forge.”

Sepia was the vehicle that led me to wonderful people and such unique experiecnces. I want that to continue. And, will find a way to do it. I am looking forward.

There are several things already on the list to do. Sometime, next spring a new-to-me Porsche will be puchased with PDK. It might be a Boxster. (Cringe.)

Road Scholars asked for historic information about the 911S. There was a calendar. Using that calendar, a list was made of everything that happened from 2010 forward. My plan is to go back and add names to it. Sepia drove me to a new life but the people and the places / events are just as important. Three important things that intersect. Hmm, a Venn Diagram.

Can you picture this — a poster on beige paper with brown lettering and a Venn Diagram. A little brown car would be in the center. On one side will be the names of all the people that stepped into my life. On the other side will be the names of places and events. The REGISTRY and its members will be on it.

More to come,
    Candyce
    Last edited by Sepia911S; 12-10-2023 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Typo
    Candyce
    '73 911S, #9113301365
    Early S Registry #2027

^^^^ always love your posts
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Not sure if Candyce remembers that we first met in the parking lot at Pheasant Run, St. Charles, IL (Parade 2010). She was far off in the corner of the parking lot with her sister cleaning up the 911S and getting it ready for the preservation class. That was her first big showing and the start of acquiring many trophies! Sure doesn't seem that long ago.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

An Extraordinary Mechanic

The story of the Sepia 911S continues to grow. Last week, I wrote to Mary Marzano to tell her I was selling the car. Larry’s incredible invoices were online and a positive comment had been made. Kindly, Mary said she would send me Larry’s file on Sepia.

The large history of inormation about Sepia grew. After looking at the papers including receipts for parts, tests and diagrams, and Larry’s notes, it was mailed to Road Scholars this morning. His work on the car is an important part of today’s Sepia.

Not only was Larry a knowlegeble and proficient Porsche mechanic, he was kind, patient and generous. He loved working on Sepia.

Many mechanics just wanted me drop the car off and they would do the necessary maintenance. To some, “Can you explain the work you did?” meant I was questioning their work. That was not the case at all. Even though I had an intuitive feel for the car, I needed to know the details. I don’t remember everything, still cannot name car parts, but I learned.

Larry was different. Every time I went to pick up the car, all the parts were laid out on a work bench in his garage. One by one, he showed me the old part, what it did, and why a new part was necessary. If he touched anything on the 911, I should know.

But he did so much more. I didn’t understand how the oil gauge worked. He explained it. Adding oil was a challenge to me. I always overfilled the oil. Larry put a little circle dent on the dip stick so I knew exactly where to stop.

When Jim was alive, he did most of the driving. When it was my turn, I drove on the back roads. Driving the Kettle Moraine was my favorite.
    Fifth gear was another mystery to me and I rarely used it. One afternoon, Larry showed and explained how fifth gear worked. Then it was my turn to practice. Thanks to Larry, I mastered fifth gear.

Thank you Larry and thank you Ed Mayo for introducing me to Larry.

So many wonderful people have stepped into my life,
    Candyce
    Candyce
    '73 911S, #9113301365
    Early S Registry #2027

Candyce, I am sorry to see that you are selling Sepia, but in life seasons change and it becomes time to move on. Thank you for posting that wonderful description of Larry and how he approached his customers' cars. That was a perfect description of Larry and his work ethic. Larry has worked his magic on three of my cars and most of the rest of our Midwest RG gang. Most importantly, we all considered him a good friend and miss him a lot. So nice that you called Mary and she sent you his files on Sepia. That is a big part of the history of your car.

Good luck with the auction. I am confident that it will do well.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Thank you, Scott. I miss him, too.
    Candyce
    '73 911S, #9113301365
    Early S Registry #2027

Congratulations on the sale.
    Who now will be the caretaker of this exceptional 911S ?

Name:  1973 911S BaT 1.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  237.0 KB
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

The legend of Candyce's and Jim's Sepia 911S continues to grow! The car's listing on BringaTrailer has been nominated as a finalist for BaT's 2023 People’s Choice Best Listing award. If so inclined, head over to BaT and cast a vote for the 911S by posting your choice in the comments section of this voting thread...

https://bringatrailer.com/2024/01/08...-best-feature/