Page 76 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: 1973 Sepia 911S

"What can BROWN do for you " sorry I couldn't help myself, you had to see this one coming ;-)
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

Well I am glad I added to the experience for you Candyce, thanks again!
    Thank you, Mike! Without you needing a part delivered, none of this would have happened. One thing led to another, and so on ...
    Last edited by Sepia911S; 07-20-2016 at 02:40 AM.
    Candyce
    '73 911S, #9113301365
    Early S Registry #2027

"What can BROWN do for you "
    Sepia is a much maligned color. When it is shined up, it looks damn good. For me, it doesn't get much better than the 911.

That brown car and the people I have met through it have changed my life forever.

When I meet Porsche enthusiasts, they ask, "What do you have?" My standard reply, "A sepia 1973 911S."

More often than not, they look at me and say, "Oh, you own the brown Porsche."
    Last edited by Sepia911S; 07-20-2016 at 02:40 AM.
    Candyce
    '73 911S, #9113301365
    Early S Registry #2027

Happenstance

Jim told me stories about his early interest in Porsches. When he was a teenager, he would take the bus to downtown Chicago to a dealership on Lake Shore Drive and look at the cars. If it was closed, he would just gaze at the cars through the windows. I can't remember the name of the dealership. It must have been in the late 50's or early 60's. This last June, his brother and sister were asked about it. They couldn't remember the name either. It was a dead end.

On Saturday night at Road America, a man told me about his early 911. He purchased it at Loop Import Motors on Lake Shore Drive. He used those exact words. Bingo! That must be it! Loop Import Motors sold Porsches and Volkswagens. As we were talking, so not to forget, I had to ask him to repeat the name three times.

Don't know what to do with this information, but I want to find out the opening and closing dates.

Just trying to fill in some bits and pieces,
    Candyce
    '73 911S, #9113301365
    Early S Registry #2027

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

A Toss Up

Wow! The members of the Registry always find the answers to my questions. Thank you, Peter!

Just the best thread...
    And, thank you for the kind words about this thread.

Incredible things happen to me with the driving force being the brown 911.
    But it is so much more than a nice, old Porsche.
    Through that car, I have met truly wonderful people and had amazing experiences.

The personal value of the car is immense.
    The people I have met on this journey have had a monumental influence on my life.

Which is more valuable?

It's a toss up!
    Candyce
    '73 911S, #9113301365
    Early S Registry #2027

Candyce, Let me say it was a pleasure meeting you for the first time at the Hawk. The only thing that shined more brightly then your clay barred sepia brown 73, was the smile on your face as you talked to other enthusiast about your very special car. It was a neat surprise when you opened the frunk and showed me a very cool signature. Great story. Let me know where you’ll be next.

Jay

PS Happenstance; while taking a break for lunch, there was a guy taking a very close look at my car. As it turned out…… Mrgreenjeans. Don is everywhere. We talked about 901’s and 944’s. Definitely recommend the Hawk. A special place, a special event and great people like Candyce.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Saturday night on Lake Street was great fun. It was enjoyable talking with you and the other members of the Registry. The 911 is just a great car to show. It just shouts out 1970s. Thanks for stopping by.

The 911 will be competing at the Milwaukee Concours d'Elegance in August. Every year, I try to compete in one regional show and do some PCA concours. Competing is fun and helps me keep the car in tip-top shape.

It annoys me to no end that the PCA judges are so nitpicky. But, their opinions are respected and it does bring things to my attention. Then a second look is taken at their concerns. Most of the time, I choose to think about it or do nothing.

Hope to talk with you again,
    Candyce
    '73 911S, #9113301365
    Early S Registry #2027

Great, see you there.

The Milwaukee Concours d'Elegance is a great venue in downtown on the shores of Lake Michigan.

Be sure to get a shot of your car in front of the iconic Calatrava Art museum.

A Time Capsule

The 911 now has a time capsule hidden deep inside of it.

For a long time, I have wanted to hide something personal of Jim's in the car. Just didn't know what.

After seeing the 356 Pre A at Parade, it came to me--his driver's license, PCA membership card, the 2010 Panorama article, and the current version of the story.

Those items are now in the car, and the location is unknown to me.
    It would be too tempting to peek.

What would you hide in your Porsche for somebody some day to discover?
    Candyce
    '73 911S, #9113301365
    Early S Registry #2027