Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '72 911T Sportomatic/Sunroof Coupe Project Car - What's it worth?

'72 911T Sportomatic/Sunroof Coupe Project Car - What's it worth?

Name:  DSC01182.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  119.3 KBName:  DSC01190.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  153.4 KBName:  DSC01195.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  146.5 KBName:  DSC01177.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  124.1 KBName:  DSC01179.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  105.3 KBI understand this is a loaded question and many factors fall into play when considering the potential worth, but I am just looking for a general idea and/or guess-tamation. The car is a blue/grey on black '72 911T Sportomatic/sunroof coupe. The car is a complete project and would require a full restoration. The car has rust in the driver side rocker and lift point, lower fenders, headlight edges, frt horse shoe, rear seat foot wells, rear window lower corners at the rear deck lid seam and rear drivers quarter (result of body damage). For the most part; the floors are decent, doors are soild, hood is straight, glass is good, cowling is solid and the body doesn't look to have sustained any damage from collisions or such. The car looks to be complete excluding an incorrect rear deck lid. The 2.4 L MFI motor is complete with all the A/C plumbing and compressor. The FUCHs are in good shape (no curb rash), yet need refinished. As I mentioned, it is a complete restoration project with a fair amount of rust..

So, any ballpark ideas of what this car is worth as it sits? I have a lot more pictures.
    tom

'75 911 - daily driver
    '87 951 - track car
    '88 951 - GT2 race car project
    '74 914 - 914/6 GT clone project
    '06 F150 - parts getter

That car just looks to far gone to me. With that much rust that you can see when it's stripped to bare metal you'll find even more. You're basically buying the parts. So, I'd value it at $2,500.00.
    72S, 72T now ST

With it being a T, I agree with Longballa above. Its value probably lies as a parts car. Hard to say how much without knowing how much of those parts are good. It's hard to tell how good any of those body panels are and how much they'd be worth. No idea what the sporto trans is worth. Most people replace them with a manual, but there might be someone out there looking. I'd suggest making a list of the good parts, and checking the 'parts for sale' section here and Pelican to get an idea for a parts value.

Now, if you are pretty sure the motor and trans are numbers matching, I did see a numbers matching 74 (with CoA) in similarly bad rusty condition go for $7-8K a few months back. I think it was listed on Samba if memory serves me right. I didn't pay much more attention to it than noting that it was a complete basket case, came with a CoA and sold within a day of being listed. That's a sample of only a single instance, so no guarantees that a CoA will get you similar luck. But, it certainly would help move the car as a project instead of a list of parts.

--Von
    Von Whitley
    Los Alamos, NM
    1968 Polo Red coupe (under reconstruction)
    1968 Metallic Silver SWT (under reconstruction)
    Registry number: 2016

The rust you are not seeing is in the rear shelf/firewall. The way this car looks, those panels are vaporized. The entire market value of this car (when finished) could be spent just chasing rust. I hate to see a car in this condition; hate even more to see one "retired," and I'm very partial to '72s, but this is $3K at most -- for parts.

Of course, if you had a decent '72 rolling shell, this car could be a donor.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Sad to see yet another parts car...some quick values:

• 4 Fuchs wheels - $400
    • Amco rear bar - $50
    • Front hood - $300
    • Glass - $200
    • Engine - $1000+
    • Trans - ?
    • '72 oil door assembly - $100
    • Etc.

You get the picture...plus, you get the joy of parting it out...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

That's what I was afraid of...I can only image what the shell would look like once stripped! It was a barn find and I too am saddened to see a early body this far gone and knocking on heavens door. At this point, its up to the "parts scavengers" to try and find useable peices...which I think may be tough as this one has been sitting in a moisture rich environment for quite some time. Thanks everybody for your input...I think I might let this one go OR maybe offer $2000 cash, pull the motor for my 914/6 GT project and part out the rest.
    tom

'75 911 - daily driver
    '87 951 - track car
    '88 951 - GT2 race car project
    '74 914 - 914/6 GT clone project
    '06 F150 - parts getter

VIN reference - 9112102564
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Tom,
    I am interested in saving the car. PM sent. Thanks, Hen

Great news! If it was an S, there would be many seekers. One wonders how many years it will take for T's to reach this same level of desire...there's only so many out there...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Hi,
    Where is the car? If you pass and it does come up for sale I am also interested in it, as it is a complete car and we could use many of the bits, but firstly I would look to restore it. We have just bought a RHD 73T and that needs more work than this shell. I would pay $3000 for that car.

Thanks
    Alan