Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Factory Roof Rack....new reproduction

Eric....those are "works of art!"

The highest quality as are all the things you've worked on...

Thx for the effort.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Wicked nice. Historically correct, too.
    (recognize Rick's RS?)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jens; 09-15-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Just beautiful Eric. You're an outstanding human being!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

RGruppe #183

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    Just beautiful Eric. You're an outstanding human being!
    Jens, did you realize that Mother Teresa's organization has these available too?
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

So Jim, you got it. Heh, heh.

Years ago, I stopped at a yard sale and bought a Techna scale 911. Very cool, right? Well, the guy forced me to pay $5 for this old roof rack that was festooned with geen grime that made it look like the chrome was all pitted. It cleaned it up to like new condition. I sold it to a guy in the village for $300. Home run, right?! Damn, I've been looking for another one ever since. These racks are the coolest things for an early 911.

RGruppe #183

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garfield View Post
    Jens, did you realize that Mother Teresa's organization has these available too?
    I supply them....

I will have the prototype at the Ski Roundtop swapmeet on Saturday, providing I make it there on time! A purchase that I need to pick up put me on the east coast this weekend (no, not a car...).

So, I'll have supplies of houndstooth, muffler tips, bumper end caps, etc. etc. Plus the prototype window winders for SWB, and another new product there as well!

Pricing shortly.. just trying to nail down finishing costs on the brackets. The first round of racks will be available in 2 weeks (I think...).

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    I will have the prototype at the Ski Roundtop swapmeet on Saturday
    Whoa! Really, you'll be at Ski Roundtop? That's more than enough motivation to go right there!

Very nice Eric. I too agree that those racks are a great look (and functional too) for an early 911. I trust you are duplicating the leather straps, no? Are those the same length as the same vintage ski rack? If so (and I hope they are), would you be willing to supply a set of eight to outfit my ski rack? Mille Grazie!
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

If anyone had an lingering doubts as to how well these racks look...Here's a personal testimonial....THEY ARE INCREDIBLE !..As I am sure everyone else who was at Ski-Roundtop today can attest. Eric had a lot of his prototype stuff with him today...it is all extremely well executed.

Eric: Thanks for bringing your goodies "back east" as you left bankers like to say

Thumbs up

+1

Eric's products are top notch and the rack is over the top. Plus, it was a treat to meet The Man. Thanks Eric for coming our way.