Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New 84 VW GTi

New springs and a slight ride height adjustment today. No more track days with this car

new springs.jpg

New seats in. Decided on adjustable Sparco since my driver and I will be occasionally swapping duties. Halda computer and map light in. Making some good progress.

computer photo sm.jpgseats photo sm.jpg

cool purchase!

Pretty sweet Curt. Here's a Rabbit I rallied....crashed big at the '96 POR.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

BTW...reinforce the A-arms. Mine had rebar welded in the "grooves" and I never had a problem.

Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Too cool Aaron! Looks like a body double. Just walked in the door from a long weekend. It was an epic rally with a brutal Lake Superior storm (sheets of rain and 50MPH gusts all night) on Friday turning the stage roads to pea-soup (9 cars went out on the last stage of the night). Believe me, our Safari-height got the last laugh in those conditions. There was 8-10 inches of mud in some sections.

We finished the car late Thurs night, did a quick shakedown run thru the woods at midnight and loaded it on the trailer. Even with the crazy ride height, the car handled unbelievably well and we had no problems all weekend.

A-arm reinforcement is on the list. We spoke to the VanDam's who used to run all sorts of Mk1 Rabbits back in the day and got LOTS of set-up tips.

A 1AM re-fueling stop:a IMGP2050.jpg

We even wound up with mud inside the car!

a IMGP2045.jpg
    a IMGP2038.jpg

Cool car, Mason is jealous.

I'll fill you in on "our" 12 mile special stage up near Lake Placid next time I see you.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

If you guys come to town, the car will be at my shop until SnoDrift in late Jan.

LSPR 2011 Wabbit GTI.jpg

Looks like fun! Bernd Maylander is fearing for his job. The sweep cars at the NE Forest Rally were haulin' ass, I think they were going faster than some of the rally cars.

Might see you around Christmas....maybe we should wait until late January.......
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823