Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LWB TTG horn grills.... done.....

LWB TTG horn grills.... done.....

Well,

Here's the LWB ones...

As I mentioned over on the other thread, I was unable to get the pricepoint to $275.00

I tried hard.. but it's going to have to be $250.00 Plus shipping (estimates on shipping tomorrow to Europe, US, Australia etc).

I didn't scrimp on anything, but I got the die caster to do a better job in trimming some of the flashing so that at the plater they would spend less time on the polishing aspect.

They are still perfectly "imperfect" Weight is within grams of the originals, one side weighs more than the other just like the the originals. If you find my original posts on the process you'll see that I used NOS grills to do this. Interestingly I don't think they started with a pair of standard grills to do this. The top "bar" is a different dimension (thickness) on the standard grill vs the perforated grill. So I think they may have started from scratch. Other dimensions are just slightly different from OEM to OEM in my matchup at the beginning of the process.

It's surprising to me how poorly these grills fit in general on "most" cars I've looked at... I've seen OEM zinc standard grills, OEM zinc TTG grills, OEM plastic chrome plated grills, OEM black plastic grills and OEM black plastic TTG grills. They all have seemed to fit differently on each car. The best fit I saw was on 1973 cars with OEM black plastic "standard" grills. Guess the earlier cars were more handfitted and the later cars were maybe more precise in the stampings and assembly process? I've now fitted these cars to quite a few cars at a couple of shops here in Seattle (thank you Mark Akers, and Monty). Each car is different... each car will take a little "fitting" of the screw mounting tabs probably, some less, perhaps some a little more, some not at all. Most of these cars appear to have been hit, repainted, bondo'd etc. It's truly amazing.

I started this item back in August of 2010, so it's taken 14 months.... I hated these people at one point in time.. the process was extremely "painful" in terms of time. I learned a lot.

Hope you enjoy them. I've got relatively few pairs to start with, as I had limited time at the plater to get some done prior to Rennsport.. so there's 24 pairs, and hopefully I will have more just prior to, or just after Rennsport.

Thanks to all of you for your support. I'll have SWB ttg grills, and SWB standard grills in "about" 6 weeks based on current estimates.

Oh, and these are completely made in the USA too...(not everything I have done is...but these are...).

Eric
    paypal to elinden @ earthlink.net but please wait for shipping pricing though!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Verrry Nice E!
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Beautiful...front end jewelry.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Great stuff, Just paid for a set!
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six
    Looking for engine #6522576
    Rgruppe #674

Beautiful again Eric. I'm in! PM sent

Kent
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Hi Eric, put my name on a set for LWB. How much for shipping to 98391? Or...I can meet you in Seattle this weekend.

Thanks, Chris
    '67 911S
    '69 911S
    '70 911ST
    '73 911T Targa Signal Yellow
    '78 911SC backdate EFI 3.4 turbo
    '11 Spyder
    Early S#1097, R-gruppe #

Eric, count me in also for a LWB pair. Ship to 30306.

Thanks for the effort, and if you decide to make a black plastic pair I'm in for a pair of those also.

Best,

Bob
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

Shipping update:

USA: Standard is $10.00, Priority is $12.00

Europe and Australia: Standard is $17.00, Priority is $34.00

Canada: Standard is $12.00, Priority is $24.00

Pickup at RRIV is fine... I'm holding for those who have indicated.

I will be shipping up till Monday Oct 10th, and then resume after I get back from Rennsport.

thanks!

Eric

Paypal sent. Awesome.
    - Josh
    - '72 911t
    - '81 euro SC

Eric -- Paypal sent. Thank you!

David