Hello to all of you S-people, I would like hereby to ask your opinion about a interesting car that I acquired lately. It's a '72 targa 2.4S that was shipped to RUF/Germany in 1984 to be converted to convertible, using all original parts (I would never do it if the car was mine in 1984). I've got all of the original bills paid by its 1st owner to RUF, not a small amount of money. It's been equipped there with a 911/83 coded Carrera engine, too, plus a full burgundy red leather interior. The car stood in a heated garage for the past 8 years, not moving at all. Now it's a bit tired but complete and rust free, with a running engine. With a little work it can easily and quickly become a daily driver but with some investment a show car. RUF confirmed to me in these days that it's the one and only such they've ever made, therefore it should not be re-converted back to targa. I'm gonna restore it but I do not really like 911 convertibles. On the other hand it's a rare old Porsche in this form made by the oldest and one of the most famous Porsche-tuner company (recognized by the P. factory), with some unique history, and that's documented. Moreover, it's so unique the RUF company representatives remember it clearly, after 27+ years of its make. Which way to go? If I bring it back to targa-body, it loses its uniqueness, thus special value. The RS-engine I have nothing against, it's still the least bad amongst all bads that could have happened "loosing" its matching numbers 2.4S engine (but replaced by that 911/83 by RUF and stamped with its original engine number of 632..., certainly for customs purposes and to avoid "confusion"). Awaiting your opinions. Thank you for your attention.
G.

PS: the 1st owner probably loved his S targa very much, at the same time wanted a convertible. But did not like G-models, therefore spent some money on that "tour" to and from Germany.