Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: RUF conversion of a '72 2.4S Targa to convertible

...an important piece of paper. Also, my Coupe of the same year, its VIN# is just 26 numbers away (....0501) from 0476 although 230, not 231, but anyway, who knows, they might have been produced on the same day...
    George

member #1515
    I wonder what he did to reinforce the chassis. It would be neat to see any reinforcements you can spot. Looks like someone put US headlights on it. The red interior is a nice contrast to the white.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Is there any difference between targas and convertibles in this regard? I think that targas' rear window, roll bar, also removable top do not add anything to chassis' reinforcement. It's enough tough and rigid (at the same time flexible) itself constructed by good old engineers at Porsche, back in 1963-64. But I'll check it tomorrow and make a pic of it, too.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    . . . red interior . . . nice contrast to the white . . .
    'ascotgrey metallic' . . . ?

Last edited by LongRanger; 01-26-2022 at 11:02 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Great Thread...........
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Awesome thread...
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

1971 911e
    1978 911sc Targa (Sold)
    1973 911 RSR (Clone)

Quote Originally Posted by sambapati View Post
    ...an important piece of paper. Also, my Coupe of the same year, its VIN# is just 26 numbers away (....0501) from 0476 although 230, not 231, but anyway, who knows, they might have been produced on the same day...
    George
    ...excuse me, I need to learn mathematics again: 501 minus 476 = 25. Furthers (and hopefully better) pics to follow that might be of interest. Does anyone know of You if coupes and targas were made together, i.e. is there anything to do with that if VIN#s are so close to each other?
    George

I'm going to talk to the guy who paid to have the work done.... Michael Lederman is a good friend, I'd like to know exactly "what he was thinking" when he had this done!

e

How those photos are such a teaser. I want to see close ups of how they installed the top.
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

1971 911e
    1978 911sc Targa (Sold)
    1973 911 RSR (Clone)

[QUOTE=Soterik;543476]I'm going to talk to the guy who paid to have the work done.... Michael Lederman is a good friend, I'd like to know exactly "what he was thinking" when he had this done!

...no-no, Michael Ledermann was not the owner but Mr. Anthony Marinelli (there is a famous composer living now in Hollywod called A. Marinelli but the ex-owner Marinelli was based in Miami, also his company is still there (so it's not too probable that the two persons are the same...but maybe) to who's company the declaration about conversion is addressed, signed personally by Mr. Alois Ruf. It's called Bugle Corporation). Mr. Ledermann was the person who arranged deal with RUF and paid bill for the owner but don't see how he got into this deal. Please ask him if you can how and why this deal was arranged by him. He must have been kind of agent for RUF in the US in the early 80s or something like that...
    Further, much better quality pics and some interesting details follow soon.
    George
    Last edited by sambapati; 11-12-2016 at 12:38 AM.