Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The Un-Ubiquitous Carrera 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by hotaru View Post
    Hello,
    I am looking to buy this C3 and have few questions: (1976 all numbers match)
    - engine, does it look original (carbs?), all images i see here are injector type...
    - is all rubber duck tail original?
    - what kind steering wheel is it?
    Attachment 327752Attachment 327753Attachment 327754

Thanks
    That tail could be correct for late build 76 model. My 77 Aus del c3.0 has all rubber that came with sport option.
    S Registry#2021

Quote Originally Posted by Biancaneve View Post
    - engine: engine was on k-jetronic, no carbs = later conversion

- is all rubber duck tail original? Nope, C3 option was whale tail spoiler

- what kind steering wheel is it? Porsche design, aftermaket. See also http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...porsche+design
    What would be involve to change back to original injection? Is this same system as later 3l engine from 911SC (i have a spare complete engine from 81 SC)

Sorry, i meant whale tail.

Be looking for original (is same as SC steering wheel?)

Thanks
    Last edited by hotaru; 03-29-2015 at 04:47 AM. Reason: spell

Quote Originally Posted by hotaru View Post
    What would be involve to change back to original injection? Is this same system as later 3l engine from 911SC (i have a spare complete engine from 81 SC)

Sorry, i meant whale tail.

Be looking for original (is same as SC steering wheel?)

Thanks
    1981 injection has some different specs (e.g. automatic choke, O2 sensor, etc), it might be adapted, I guess ... but it won't be easy.

Steering wheel is similar to SC, there are some subtle differences but I guess very few would notice ...
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Gentlemen,
    somewhere in the back of my mind I have the idea that the C3-engine has weaknesses (crank?), but cannot find any written proof. Could you please confirm or dispel that notion! Thank you!
    Keep up the speed!

Anatol

'68 911S coupe
    '92 964 RS NGT
    '09 987S Boxster

Quote Originally Posted by Anatol View Post
    Gentlemen,
    somewhere in the back of my mind I have the idea that the C3-engine has weaknesses (crank?), but cannot find any written proof. Could you please confirm or dispel that notion! Thank you!
    Ciao Anatol, how's life? It retains the same 6-bolts crankshaft of the previous Carrera 2.7 ... don't think it's a weakness
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Carrera 3.0 Engine 6770431 - who has the car?

I have engine # 6770431 and am wondering if there is a chance the original car is still in existence??

Actually finalizing my 3,0 Carrera engine.
    Already running smooth.
    There are some small detail I would like to get fixed and only little picture of original engine compartments available.

1. how many brackets had been used for the long heater hose?- have mounted one, but there are three different versions listed in PET
    2. when was the change from old style ignition coil to the one with the tabs close together?- found both version with a date code of early 76 in my stock
    3. how does the electric engine panel look like? -it´s the larger board with five round relay hols and the later 3 pin CDI, thats all I know

4. There had been 120 engines with 210PS instead of 200PS. Which engine numbers are known with 210PS?

I have resurrected the Carrera 3.0 Registry. It is bare bones for now, will add to it as I get time. It will just have the cars listed for now. Please head there to sign your car up if you haven't already. Thanks! www.carrera30.net