Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Meeting the ErsteGruppe....

East Coast
    [QUOTE=Macroni;810246]Avoiding the infighting...... seems like that is what is now considered enjoyment on the website we all loved.......[/QUOTE

you shouldn't let the actions of a few diminish what you enjoy...right?
    Last edited by MikeM; 05-24-2015 at 04:16 AM.

OG3
    RG715

Correct...... O wise One.....
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Luke, are you staying at the shore the whole summer? How about a run to the Deutsche Classic this Saturday, July 11th?
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the registry and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ben, and like many others, my 911 story could be described as champagne taste on a beer budget. After a two year search I was finally able to bring home my very own 911, a '77S coupe, in May of 2014. A mid-year car with narrow hips and a healthy engine was the perfect mix of early styling and affordability for me. My favorite way to describe the car's condition was that it had all the right things wrong with it. In other words, all of its issues were fixes that I could perform myself with normal tools in my own garage.

So over the past year and a half I've been busy bringing this car back to life and slowly incorporating more of my style into it. Anything racecar inspired is always a win with me. Jobs like replacing all the brakes lines, rebuilding the calipers, valve adjustments, cleaning up the engine bay, and even rebuilding the Weber carburetors have been such a pleasure (especially compared to the old VWs I'm used to).

The fun quickly halted though as during a beautiful early morning cruise to mother's day brunch my car came face to hip with a deer on the highway.

Fortunately the front end of a 911 is nice and low which resulted in us merely clipping the legs of the deer. The result being that we (and the car) were spared any serious injury. Thus enters the car's current phase of longhood conversion in process.

and a quick test spray to see if I'm ready to commit to signal orange:

That's where we're at for now. A large order of goodies is on the way from TRE in California. Thanks for reading!

Looking forward to see how this comes together!
    Where are you located? There are a few of us that get together close to the Philly area
    Dave Raab
    O6 R702 ESR1852
    1986 Carrera

Kremer

I have always liked the Black and Signal Orange combo. Here is a nice one for reference
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave Raab
    O6 R702 ESR1852
    1986 Carrera

Quote Originally Posted by draab29 View Post
    Looking forward to see how this comes together!
    Where are you located? There are a few of us that get together close to the Philly area
    Thanks! I'm just outside of Valley Forge near the King of Prussia mall.

Quote Originally Posted by draab29 View Post
    I have always liked the Black and Signal Orange combo. Here is a nice one for reference
    Haha that would definitely save me some money in paint. The plan right now is to do the whole car in signal orange though. I'm just waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive before doing more mock up.

-Ben

Ben,

Signal orange would look great too! Most of the guys are close to you. I'm in the Malvern area. Most of the other guys are in Chester or Delaware county. A few in Bucks county.

We get together for some drives/breakfast a couple weekends a month and would love to have you join us. Interested in hearing more about your build. If you PM me your email I'll make sure to let you know when we get together next
    Dave Raab
    O6 R702 ESR1852
    1986 Carrera

Thanks, Dave. I'll PM you my email address.

I have plenty written up about my build. Do you think there would be interest for a '77 in the main forum? I could just share it here in the regional sub-forum if that would be better.

-Ben