Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche 911S comes home after 32 years on the run...

Porsche 911S comes home after 32 years on the run...

Well 'ya gotta figure there's story behnd that title!

The first Porsche I ever rode in was a young doctors car that often was parked near the end of my street often months at a time,
    the young physician was a boyhood friend that ultimately served some time in the navy as well as a few other places we won't mention.
    This seemed to explain the long stints of sitting the car endured even way back in the seventies.
    I was just a college kid green as hell when it came to sports cars and about all i knew inside and out at the time was British Leyland.
    TR6's and MGs..maybe a TVR thrown in for good measure.
    At least in my neighborhood we'd long since outgrown muscle cars and detroit iron,it just wasn't cool enough!
    Most of the neighborhood regaled in this one ride almost as much as another friends cousin who for some insane reason has traded a
    pristine silver '68 330 GTC 2+2 for a Minerva blue '74 S Targa.
    We used to take trips to his part of town just to pay homage to the Ferrari but hell he was a secret service agent for real and had
    weapons no one second guessed him...no one!
    Anyway the '69 S dissapeared some time after I moved away from the neighborhood and I'd hear stories from time to time where it was
    actually Annapolis, my old friends brother had it while he was out of the country...blah blah blah..
    Well that brother recently passed and I happened to see and talk to my friend it's even been two years since that discussion where I voiced an interest and possible capability to purchase said 911 S.
    Well finally the deal was struck with the widow and the car is back in the neighborhood,hell Iam too bought across the street from my
    folks place in '96.
    I almost can't belive it ,original tool kit .jack car came from Manhattan Porsche Audi in Rockville ,original engine trans,fuchs w/hearts
    sunroof,a/c, no sports, and rebuild done by Heinz Wall in Springfield Va who was a factory trained tech that as lore would have it
    pattened the carrera tensioner but that I can't prove..
    here's a few shots..
    barnfinds are still out there ,eveen if it takes two or three decades!!! This is my christmas present to me ,have a Happy New Years
    guys and to all a good nite!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Ain't life great! Now, this is a real story to keep up with. Almost as good as marrying your first love the second time around 32 years later.....naw, better.
    Roy Smalley
    member 877

@aircooledph on Instagram jaldeguer's Avatar
    Great things, without a doubt, come to those who wait. Great story!
    Last edited by jaldeguer; 01-01-2012 at 01:06 AM.
    @aircooledph on Instagram

Cool story, nice car, congrats.
    Rob Abbott

Nice opening story on your car. Please share more pics and details as you go along.

Would like to compare the small details on our cars as you unearth this one.

Congrats!
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Wow! A great car, great story and amazing all the vital bits and pieces are still with the car. Enjoy!
    Marvin Waters
    25 Yr PCA Member
    10 Yr Early S Registry Member

Wow! my personal favorite a tangerine with light interior, congrats, looks like it ended up in the right hands
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Great balance in life story, Bert. Hopefully, we can see it at an upcoming east coast event.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Wow! That is very cool. What color is the interior. From the pics, it looks very light cream color?
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Thanks Rob, Luke , Richard and Dave
    I guess if you're patient enough and
    persistent enough things do finally
    come to fruition in many ways..
    Dave the interior is Ivory leather
    ( front seats) balance likely vinyl.