Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1973 Porsche Targa S - RM Auctions

1973 Porsche Targa S - RM Auctions

There is a 73 Targa S on the RM Auction site for sale at the Arizona auction in two weeks. Any help in evaluating the car would really be appreciated.

Here is the link -

http://www.rmauctions.com/CarDetails...&SaleCode=AZ12

Thanks!

Could be this car at Carparc in Costa Mesa.I would call Henk and get info from him or go see it before the auction.Can`t be too many 73S Targas in gemini blue in the same town. Tom http://carparc-usa.com/detail.php?id=146
    Member:S Registry #864

member #1515
    One is #0281 the other #0296. Both look nice although the Carparc one looks very well done
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

I can't go to the auction. Any ideas who I could have look the car over for me? Also, assuming the car is condition 1, what do u guys think it's worth? Thanks.

I can take a look at the car once it shows up at RM. IMHO, if it is a nice as they claim and the color and model you are looking for the estimate looks more than fair.

That would great. Really appreciate it. Im signed up to bid by phone.

Interesting and clean looking car for sure, but why they would put US front turn signals on a euro spec car is beyond me. I wonder how it's wired up?

~J~
    air cooled only

$80,000 - $100,000? Are early targas really bringing this kind of money? If so, I'd be willing to say goodbye to my original-paint '72S. I usually don't give much thought to the values of these cars, but I just might have to watch this auction.

porsche911S028.jpg

I looked the car over this morning. It was still in the garage so some details were hiding in the dark. Overall I would rate this car as a very nice driver. Certainly not a 100 pt show car but detailed and presented very well. There are a few minor paint chips, the hood fit and passenger door fit could be better but not atrocious. It baffles me why someone would re-paint a car to this level and leave the paint around the paint code tag so poorly. Interioir is nicely done but the dash trim around the ignition switch area is a bit tattered. From what I could see the floors look nice with an even undercoating on them. Targa bar could be detailed a little better and the owner could not spring for the last $2 to put rubber plugs in the door after attaching the mirror. Those are just the small details I noticed and don't mean to beat the car down as it is nice enough for any of us to be proud to own. It's always the last couple of percent in effort that elevate the best cars to the top. Good luck in your pursuit.

229 MPH 3.0 MFI 911
    Attention!

The RM auction is not the Carparc car. The RM car is not at the level of the Carparc S. I visually inspected the RM car on Wednesday and looked at the pics on the Carparc site today. The RM car is vin 9113310296. The Carparc car is 9113310281.