Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyder / speedster / roadster / custom / outlaw / whatthefreakisthat?

Ryan, kudos. That is cool- nicely resolved.

Here's one I spotted recently, less so.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...1/1356457.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '65 901 SA '119' - 1st RHD Customer Delivered 911 Worldwide; 5710 Stone Grey/Green Leatherette 3 owners from new.

'75 (Nov) 924 Group 4 Rallye. 9th o/all, 1st in class ‘79 Repco Round Australia Rally Barth/Kussmaul; 1st RHD chassis, 1st front engined Porsche to win an FIA event

‘78 928 Manual - early RHD Opalmetallic (gold) + Pasha

'98 986

‘99 996 GT3 CS M003 ex Peter Fitzgerald. Falken livery. 2nd 2000, 3rd in 2001 Aus Nations Cup Championsip. Last of the road registered racers

I can't believe it, but my dad loves that car (the 73 Speedster thing). I hate it!

Love Ryan's though. Even if he did try and put an insurance claim in trying to burn it to the ground so he could get a free paint job!!!
    Alex Webster

1967 911S Sunroof - RHD
    1969 911E - LHD - Historic Racecar
    1975 911 Carrera 2.7 MFI - RHD - Historic Racecar

My historic racing videos - www.youtube.com/aewebster

This looks great but did you realise the wheel was on the "wrong" side when you bought it?

I thought you had "issues" with this:-)
    Jeff Eelkema
    69E (project)
    S Reg #1431
    Aust TYP 901 #132

Jeff,

Watch how many thimes he jumps in the passanger side and ges to start the car before he realises the wheel is on the other side!!!!
    Tim Pritchard

1970 911S (resto underway) http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ge-1970S-resto
    1976 Carrera 3.0 Group Sc Race Car
    1969 911T Group Sb Race Car (Sold to a good home)

Quote Originally Posted by jeff eelkema View Post
    This looks great but did you realise the wheel was on the "wrong" side when you bought it?

I thought you had "issues" with this:-)
    Yep, I did/do - but less of a deal with something that is this unusual/modified to start with. Pretty easy to change on a 66 too.
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

OK no one's bitten yet - it's fun to spend other folk's $$'s. I'll open the account.

Ryan- it's your fine acquisition so ignore my following free advice worth all it's cost. But........

I'm thinking a 50's or 60's flat colour......red's not my favourite (says a me with a CS in glorious early 90's Guards Red with Guards Red wheels)

I'm thinking something 50's like Heron Grey, or one of the light flat blues like Aquamarine Blue or the Metallic Meissen Blue. You can't have Stone Grey as I've the monopoly on this in 911's but Jade Green or another light flat green would be nice. Grey/Green/Blue is the go. Graphite or silver not 'period' enough and too predictable.

Rationale: 50s colours are the go as I think the signal colours of the late 60s/70's are too modern and bright.

So, having said this, thus the Fuchs need to go in place of painted steelies- or blow the budget on some alloy rimmed steelies (painted inserts of course).

Stick a '65 wood rim wheel on it, or a 420mm Nardi.

Delete the rear lid crest and exchange the PORSCHE script for a '65 two piece one in gold (matching the gold Speedster straight panel trims)- but it may have this already from the pics.

Aussie/Euro lamps front and rear and a set of Hella 128's.

'Cause it’s a Speedster and 'cause there is room cut in a couple of extra cooling strakes per a Carrera/Carrera Abarth rear lid- looks to be room there.

Hot exhaust outlet: ignore the practicalities via a Peashooter single exhaust or a rocket launcher long thin dual set up.

Halda and Heuer rallymaster set.

Trim it in Porsche Houndstooth in a body complimentary colour. 356C headrests.......maybe, maybe not.

Engine.....loud and proud.

OK, I've saved my best advice for last: keep it as is: drive it in the wet, rain, sun, shine and put some old school rat patina on it. Drive the proverbial off it. Unique. Cool. Lend it to me when I next visit Sydney- cackky situated steering wheel and all.

Cheers

SCK.
    '65 901 SA '119' - 1st RHD Customer Delivered 911 Worldwide; 5710 Stone Grey/Green Leatherette 3 owners from new.

'75 (Nov) 924 Group 4 Rallye. 9th o/all, 1st in class ‘79 Repco Round Australia Rally Barth/Kussmaul; 1st RHD chassis, 1st front engined Porsche to win an FIA event

'98 986

‘99 996 GT3 CS M003 ex Peter Fitzgerald. Falken livery. 2nd 2000, 3rd in 2001 Aus Nations Cup Championsip. Last of the road registered racers

Fluke- checkout the time that posted (8:41 down here.....)

'98 986

Hey Stu

I knew a man of good taste such as yourself would appreciate such a fine motor.

Lots of good ideas there. Current plan is:

1, end to end service
    2, rego
    3, ditch the wood wheel for a silver nardi hanging on my garage wall (to match the alloy dash trim)
    4, swap the 16" wheels out. current plans are either the steelies I use to transport my group S car or the cosmics in the pic below (which I've had for years but never fitted to anything). It also looked good on the 356 style steels it was originally built with (see magazine article).

Then drive it and see how it is. If I did respray it, it would be hard to not take it back to its original colour: slate grey.

I also agree the rear badge has to go. Do you have a pic of the gold '65 PORSCHE script two piece?

And the keys are yours next time you're in Sydney.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Ryan, I have a brand new two piece Porsche badge in my garage at home - you have have it as my contribution to the Speedster

I agree with Stu as there are a heap of things that you could do to make it even cooler! If you did go the steelies, make them alloy, they are awesome - and super light. Our 5 inch ones are only 4.5 kg each!

Exhaust - this baby needs a good engine note. I would go for a sports exhaust (quieter) or a stinger (MUCH louder).

Definately paint it slate grey, and do the inserts in houndstooth.

Then say it owes you too much and sell it to me
    Alex Webster

1967 911S Sunroof - RHD
    1969 911E - LHD - Historic Racecar
    1975 911 Carrera 2.7 MFI - RHD - Historic Racecar

My historic racing videos - www.youtube.com/aewebster

Matt Hart said it best ....

Can't wait to see it in the flesh, if it ever stops raining !
    Andrew B (Tiger)
    911 69E Historic Production Race Car