Thread: Oil Temp/Pressure/Warning Switches

Oil Temp/Pressure/Warning Switches

Hi All

Chasing some help in correctly positioning the oil sender switches (pressure, temp, etc...) on my engine so I can correctly wire the engine loom. I've tried searching for photos, but can't seem to get just what I need. I'm referring to the '69 harness with the green/black, and two green/red wires (as well as the alternator blue and tacho black/purple)

Cheers
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

Hi John, the oil pressure sender is back by the oil breather cover, the oil temp is by the engine serial number. Green black is temp at the gauge,but changes to all black at the engine compartment plug, green red is oil pressure and there is only one green red. Green white should be oil level sender.

correction, just checked my 69 schematic, the oil temp wire STAYS green black all the way to the sender.
    Last edited by edmayo; 02-08-2012 at 03:47 AM. Reason: correction
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks Ed

You're fast becoming my "go to guy"
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    Restoration Saga

Ah, the beauty of the internet. I get to enjoy Ed's wisdom 10 minutes down the road, and you can share him on the other side of the world!
    Mike de Jong | '71 911T/E 2.4 Tangerine | '74 911S 3.2 Ice Green

Quote Originally Posted by M_deJong View Post
    Ah, the beauty of the internet. I get to enjoy Ed's wisdom 10 minutes down the road, and you can share him on the other side of the world!
    Indeed! I suspect 911 ownership would have been a lot more unpleasant for me had the internet not come along
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    Restoration Saga

John, you should see the 911 Mike repainted in his garage, its a job a professional would be proud of!
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    John, you should see the 911 Mike repainted in his garage, its a job a professional would be proud of!
    Have y'all (my best Texan) clicked my resto thread? I'm still coming down from the 2pak high!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    Restoration Saga

Y'all ???? Is Brisbane in the southern part of the country??? I admit I haven't followed your resto thread, but I think you've posted pictures on occasion as that one looks familiar. Looks very nice,,,,Albert blue?? Noticed the subtle 2.7 decal in the window. Besides the obvious, what is left to do?
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks for the compliment Ed. 12 years later I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out! A good respirator is a must!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mike de Jong | '71 911T/E 2.4 Tangerine | '74 911S 3.2 Ice Green

My only real exposure to the Texan accent is watching Dr Phil Being an Antipodean continent, our north (Brisbane) is equivlalent to your south...

My six month restoration has become a painfully slow three year saga involving a full floor and sill replacement. Colour is actually Ossi Blue (6808), engine is a webered 2.7 RS spec mill. "To do" is the rewiring and full interior - at this stage black, with Blackwatch tartan. All refurbed gauges on the way back from Nth Hollywood and I'm deaming up an appropriate graphics/stripes/vinyl theme...
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    Restoration Saga