Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Techno Classica Essen

Techno Classica Essen

Who is going ?
    Is there designated meet area for drink and bump into eachother ?

I can be found near Kremer or DP Motorsport booth.

Gytis
    1967 911 matching numbers car ( sold )
    1968 911T/R #0805 (SONDERWUNCH AUSSERH DER M.LISTE NR184****) SOLD
    1969 911E MFI matching ALL numbers SOLD
    1981 911 Target 4K ( SHIFT trip-Nürburgring-SPA and SOLD )
    1986 930 "Carnivore" ( "while I'm there" mode )

Would like to meet you there!
    Porsche 911 S 1971 Kremer race car

Quote Originally Posted by 911r67 View Post
    Would like to meet you there!
    That would be cool. Where we can grab beer together ?

Gytis

I'll be there on Friday and Saturday. Not easy to meet there, very crowded!

I'm a last minute attendee, but didn't bring any parts with to sell, just going to walk the show and talk to a few people I'm already in contact with, also going to the Stuttgart show over Sat and Sun. I'm meeting friends here on Wed to do an early walk of the show on setup day (best day in my opinion). I'll also be at the show on Thurs.

Pick a place and we can try to meet.

Eric

Will be there Friday and Saturday

Only obstacle to meet/see people was cars. Gazilion of awesome cars.
    At some point I just disregarded anything that wasn't car related, but I had great time afterwards and met few folks, and made new friends.........

I will be Friday at show . Saturday at VLN preseason race at Nürburgring . Sunday at Kremer and DP Motorsport booth.
    Last edited by Gytis Kupinas; 03-20-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Gytis

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    I'm a last minute attendee, but didn't bring any parts with to sell, just going to walk the show and talk to a few people I'm already in contact with, also going to the Stuttgart show over Sat and Sun. I'm meeting friends here on Wed to do an early walk of the show on setup day (best day in my opinion). I'll also be at the show on Thurs.

Eric
    Great idea Eric. Let's pinpoint place on Messe plan near by Hall 3 ?

Gytis

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post

Eric
    Eric, I am there too, will PM you my mobile number, would be great to meet up
    Phil Hindley
    Tech 9 Motorsport
    United Kingdom

www.tech-9.co.uk

Early S registry membership #2207

65 911 Racecar
    82 911 SC Coupe
    91 944 Turbo

Well,

Two days gone by at Essen so far. I've seen a few cars sold here from the major exhibitors roll out at the end of the day, to be replenished by fresh "stock".

It's quite an exhibition, and should be on the "to do" list for any car junkie.

Prices are up "of course", but Essen is in it's own league sometimes in that regard. The biggest surprise I think I see is the value of the G cars and later (74 and up). These prices are rising very fast and the offering prices here are quite staggering, but you have to take it all with a grain of salt as it is "Essen", and there's other factors as well.

There's a thread over on Pelican regarding the prices that people are seeing and hearing about cars being offered by some of the major exhibitors over here, and I posted this over on Pelican, and thought I would offer it here as well:

I am at the show right now, spending some time with some accounts I have over here.

There's a few things you need to realize about the pricing that you see and hear about the market over here, particularly at Essen.

The prices here by the dealers include a 19% VAT tax. So a price of 25,000 euro's is suddenly 20,000 euro's.

The car has to get to Europe... prices on shipping have gone up dramatically. I was speaking to a vintage Mercedes dealer friend yesterday and the cost for getting 2 cars out of the Detroit area to his shop in Belgium was 6,000 eu, roughly 3,000 euro's per car.

A dealer here has to offer a warranty by law from my understanding, I was told that this is about 6 months, but it covers only certain items (maybe the engine block, but not the cylinder heads as an example). So, you have to cover this somehow.

The booths here at Essen are horribly expensive. One major exhibitor here has a roughly $80,000 bill for just his floor space, then he has to get his cars here by transporter from his shops in Hamburg and Berlin (and back again). He has a dozen employees here to feed and house at hotels that are incredibly expensive.

And then there's the fact that this is "Essen", so the pricing has a certain amount of expectation of being higher here as well. You think the sticker price is what is being paid? Not so....

So, yes the prices are going up, but you need to factor in a lot of the above to what you hear about the pricing.

cheers,
    Eric