Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can the experts on here discern anything from these 3 photos?

also seems to have S trim on the front bumper... wider than 'normal' trim
    1996 993 black/tan

Quote Originally Posted by clesch View Post
    To me it looks like there’s a red triangle on the knob, could it be a switch for hazard lights?
    The car has driving lights and fog lamps. I think this operates the driving lights.

The Dials are 67 or older so is the door handles and timing chain covers.
    About the head lights ,I am not sure about this but my 72 ST Rally car came with lights like that as it was a rally car. The outer lense is clear and inner has a sealed beam. I dont know if this was specific for rally cars or used with different models.
    911 S Targa 68 11850243
    911 S 69 #119300002 Ex Dr.F Porsche
    911 ST Replica 72
    59 VW Deluxe Microbus 23 Window
    58 Durkopp Diana Scooter

Banned
    Yes Curt those are "purpose" flares. Their purpose was to squeeze those late 7's under the rear fenders. lol
    I muse at how quickly some guy's pet project back in the day can be an unearthed Rally car or something special. This is just a cool, 66 sunroof coupe that someone customized before we all knew better.

Speaking of customized... We restored a 67 S coupe about 20 years ago and the customer insisted on 69-73 flared fenders. Absolutely beautiful India Red with black sport seats and very expensive stock rebuild of mechanicals. Incorrect of course but stunning none the less. Owned by Dr. Robert Atwood. Anyone know where it is? Please PM if you do. I've probably still got build data on this car.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 03-24-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Olde Threade Alerte! . . .

'X' CA black plate = ~'69 registration. Euro-band radio, Euro front turn signal lenses

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by ST Man View Post
    . . . About the head lights, I am not sure about this but my 72 ST Rally car came with lights like that as it was a rally car. The outer lense is clear and inner has a sealed beam. I dont know if this was specific for rally cars or used with different models . . .
    Lights look like std USA (VW?) sealed-beams --- right down to the smooth un-fluted outer glass . . .

. . . and whatever happened here, anyway? Another one of those Olde-Car-cum-flairs that turn-up every-now-and-again

And no VIN . . . . . . . . . . again

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Bobs 67S View Post
    A couple of observations:

Engine looks to be a Weber engine: the fuel pump area is part of the casting but was not opened/covered. Check the engine serial number and type and verify (probably a 901/5 rather than a 901/1).

Different center knob between the factory control knobs for Fog Light/ Gas Heater. What's it hooked up to?

The car has character.
    Am I six years too late to comment? This car has no rear window wiper. Look between the steering column and the fresh air crank (on dash) and you will see a pull switch. On my all original 1970 T this was for the rear wiper. The switch as pictured is definitely OEM. What year did the wiper become available? Might be for the driving lights. Wish I could find one like it.