Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 1978-1989 Porsches

East Coast
    "This thread is about impact bumper love..... as for people who have recently purchase 964s that need to profess their love to validate their decision...... there is another thread."and boy do I love the 90's RGruppe thread
    As you well know,I have much love for all three, longhood, impact bumper and most recently the 964...I just think its a steep restoration and price for a car that is years from hitting its high mark.
    Although, I think this impact bumper P-car would fit you well...Its just good to see that you still have an eye for a nice P-car no matter what year
    Last edited by MikeM; 11-30-2012 at 08:12 AM.

OG3
    RG715

Mike, you should see what IB cars in excellent original condition are going for in Europe. Strong numbers... My 75 was recently sold to a discerning collector there. Personally, I particularly like the narrow body IB cars.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    [I] I think this impact bumper P-car would fit you well...
    Nice car but I am not the buyer for it. I do think down the road it will attract looks of admiration........
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

East Coast
    Hey Scott,
    Don't get me wrong , I'm with you, I think the NB IB cars are cool....I love Curt's slate grey one, I believe it was a74?...I know that European buyers are willing to pay a bit more for a fine example then what you would typically get here in the US. I guess they have more of a "supply and demand" issue over there....Last time I checked, and its been awhile, they are selling simliar cars 20 to 30% above what we see here....so I would expect our market will follow as the better examples get gobbled up...on a side note, hope you have coming "east" on your radar next spring(MM) would love to see ya...
    MM

OG3
    RG715

I keep going back to this Linen Grey SC that just seems to look perfect to me. Now try to find one in this color that is for sale.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul
    83SC, bone stock (not so much anymore)
    69T, 2.8 RS spec, MFI (Sold, but not forgotten)
    "Wailing Wench"
    s reg. #1009
    rgruppe #506

East Coast
    Paul,
    Good luck with that Great color and very rare....

OG3
    RG715

A neighbour knows I'm "into" porsches and has asked me to help him purchase an IB targa. I've owned two IB's in the past (88 3.2 and a mental 79 930) before the long hood (and racing) bugs bit hard.

In the course of looking for him I've found some great cars that I probably would have dismissed as uncool a few years back - especially the cabs and the matching interior/exterior cars.

My fave was the 87 Granite green m491 cab with complementary interior. Put this scheme on a 356 roadster and people would swoon.

My point, if I have one, is these cars will surely have their day in the sun again.

I wonder how that granite green cab would look with some sports purpose stylings - SCRS bumpers, roll bar, early style seats with a splash of houndstooth... An IB outlaw?
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Quote Originally Posted by matt911 View Post
    I know its not a 911, however with only 400 made (Homologated for LeMans), the 924 Carrera GT can be had for bargain prices!
    I'm with you Matt - I've been lucky enough to drive one or two of these. A real revelation.