Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1978-1989 Porsches

Quote Originally Posted by magnus walker View Post
    Probably THE most undervalued in my mind.

growing up in the late 70s this was THE car.

mine is the 2 nd oldest US 76 -930.
    i am looking for another-maybea 75 Euro

BUY one while you can
    I would love to. How can I find one exactly like yours?
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Probably THE most undervalued in my mind.

growing up in the late 70s this was THE car.

mine is the 2 nd oldest US 76 -930.
    i am looking for another-maybea 75 Euro
    Magnus, 75 Euro is the one to have (i'm a little biased)
    First, rarest, lightest...and 15bhp more than US versions.
    Over here in Europe they are already quite sought after, and prices are moving, with good, original 75s in the $100k area.

Ciao
    Andrea
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Quote Originally Posted by varunan123 View Post
    under no circumstances are you allowed to buy any TURBO.I am talking to your wife.

raj
    Baron was trying to tempt me last night w/ an 87Turbo 25K mile car. Thank god it was Guards Red....... now if it was one of his 75/76 I would have been panting.....
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

75 turbo.....

must have item

its the NEW 65 (65 Is the new S)

Hope springs eternal.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I imagine we'll be having this discussion about the 996 GT3 in about 15-20 years...not so much for the 997s, though, as that's when they got all "electronic".

I'll take mine with no Traction Control Nanny, please...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

I think the 75 turbos are like the 65 911's and the 76-77 turbos like the 66-67 911S and 78-79 turbo's like the 69-73 911 S. The turbo is a very different car it has always been unappreciated by the Porsche crowd but the rest of the collector market has taken notice. These were built in fairly small quantities, a lot of them wrecked, slope nosed, modded to death. Expensive as hell to properly maintian so many of them were not. I just sold a low mileage original 79 so I expect market to double in value in the next 12-18 months.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Quote Originally Posted by pu911rsr View Post
    I think the 75 turbos are like the 65 911's and the 76-77 turbos like the 66-67 911S and 78-79 turbo's like the 69-73 911 S. The turbo is a very different car it has always been unappreciated by the Porsche crowd but the rest of the collector market has taken notice. These were built in fairly small quantities, a lot of them wrecked, slope nosed, modded to death. Expensive as hell to properly maintian so many of them were not. I just sold a low mileage original 79 so I expect market to double in value in the next 12-18 months.
    Phil
    Wise words and solid comparisons. Personally, I'm not too fond of 77s because of the addition of power brakes - not enough of a pucker factor when you ask them to slow you down - but the 76 and 79 cars rank very high on my "have to own" list. I also have a soft spot for the 89 5-speed cars, and not simply because they are one-year-only; the way they drive is just ... well ... different.

Very special cars, the Turbos; but like you said, Phil, they suffer from lack of maintenance.

We are going through an original-owner 89 cab for a customer right now that is the perfect example of the above statement. The bill just keeps climbing because the scheduled maintenance or upkeep wasn't done and now everything needs to be fixed at once in order to get the car to pass smog so it can be registered and he can sell the car. Things like cam end o-rings, cam oil feed lines, vacuum hoses everywhere, breather hoses, smog pump belt, cap, rotor, wires, turbocharger (melted!), catalytic converter, clutch disc, etc. etc. etc.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by varunan123 View Post
    Now for the ultra rare.Non M491 speedster.Me likey............beeen lookin goin on 6 years no one will let theirs go.Someone gulfed a silver.
    That's the one to have. I'm not so sure about the blue...

A friend of mine has a NON M491 Silver Speedster, identical with the raj's photo. i drove it today.

I'm agree with Raj. I like this type of car much more than common large Speedster...
    Registry Member #1414
    NOSGRUPPE