Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Special Extended Hub 380mm "RS" "RSR" Thick Grip Steering Wheel

FS: Special Extended Hub 380mm "RS" "RSR" Thick Grip Steering Wheel

Needing a better turn-in folks,

This "ad" is for one special extended hub steering wheel as pictured: Here is a very nice "RS" "RSR" steering wheel with beautiful hand stitched thick grip, ~3 3/4", ~95mm, luxurious leather. As OEM, cross stitching on wheel and baseball stitch on short spoke pieces. This wheel is specially made using Cornpanzer's (on this list) "extended hub kit" and an OEM 380mm wheel. Note the wheel appears thicker than actual due to photo perspective but see how now you have plenty of room for your fingers (sorry for dusty dash). This is perfect for moving the wheel away from the dash, especially needed for SWB cars but good for LWB too. Price in US including shipping and handling $700. (if you "do the math of getting a wheel, adding the hub and then leather IMHO you'll see this is a good deal) Outside of US price with shipping and handling is $750. Please email directly to DrRSR@aol.com.
    Thanks.
    -Allen-
    PS Please pass on to your friends as, generally, I only post on this knowledgeable list.
    Edit: I've added a picture of an identical wheel I made that has been on a VERY NICE LWB car for some time now.

]

Hi, is the wheel original Porsche? Would I be able to change the extender to have it even longer? I am 6.7" and would need a long extension.
    Early 911s Registry # 2049

'73 Carrera RS Touring, # 1346
    '89 Carrera Club Sport, white
    '91 Carrera RS, white
    2010 997 GT3 RS MK2, slate grey

Quote Originally Posted by Oliviero View Post
    Hi, is the wheel original Porsche? Would I be able to change the extender to have it even longer? I am 6.7" and would need a long extension.
    Not easily. For one they are only made in one length. And, that length works with the longer stock 914 horn contact pin; if another length were made you'd be hard pressed to have a working horn. Thanks.

-Allen-

thanks. So is it an original Porsche wheel as a base?
    Early 911s Registry # 2049

'73 Carrera RS Touring, # 1346
    '89 Carrera Club Sport, white
    '91 Carrera RS, white
    2010 997 GT3 RS MK2, slate grey

Steering folks,

I haven't sold one of these in a while and, in fact, right now I don't have one. However, I'm trying to determine if these is still interest in these wheels at $750 shipped in the U.S. and $800 shipped outside. Frankly, a couple years ago I sold these as fast as I could make them up. However, the last couple sold very slowly. And, now, it is EVEN harder to get good 914 VDM cores to make them. I'm not looking for orders, just chime in if you think you might be interested. Also, any comments are welcome, of course. Thanks!

Are you still looking for interest? I have a nice 914 wheel I was going to fit to my '68 912, but these look special.

I'd be interested in one. ED

RSR wheel

I have a 914 wheel 914-347-806-10. Would be interested in changing it to a fat RSR type, approx. 3 5/8 to 3 3/4 thick. Price ? I don't need the extension.

Mike
    Mike

Mike thats an RS wheel
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

914-347-806-10 is a 914-6 wheel 1970-71, but also RS??