Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HSRCA - ALL HISTORIC WINTER MEETING 30th of June to the 1st of July

Have fun and good luck boys. Lots of photos and video please
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Spotted today Mr Begg and son in traffic and the advisory speed limits.

Andrew the car looks good and sounds great.

Michael

Ha ha, I was on the phone to him and asked for him to run through the gears for my aural satisfaction...
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

So thats what those white things were hanging out his ears. I thought he had some type of ear plug so he didnt have to listen to his son in the passenger seat.

Michael

How'd ya go lads?
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    Restoration Saga

Well might I say, what a fine weekend!

Great company, great cars and a well run event.

After a last minute dash to the track, after MN finished my engine and Zag's rebuilt the torque tubes, my car has been transformed. I think Justin will refer to it as a screamer. Great power and extended rev range from the little 2.0litre, provided a great deal of challenge for a very rusty Mr B. The first session was complicated by a last minute dash on unknown tyres and a lack of understanding by the driver. Second session things started to fall into place, third better and qualifying a return to reasonable driving, all be it, a bit hit and miss. I did manage to qualify in 11th place and a respectable 1.56. This would prove to be one of the highlights of the weekend.

My thoughts of finishing the enduro on Sunday morning, were dashed on Saturday afternoon after being "meat balled" in the middle of race one with a leaking oil cooler. Bugger!! I was in the middle of defending my return to the track in front of Mr C and CWB after I managed to get "all that horsepower" down on the start line.... I suspect it may have ended differently, but we will never know .... at least until the next meeting, gentlemen ... and I was in front! ..... no doubt there will be differing views form the peanut gallery.

The Sunday race was a great event to watch, no carnage to friends and a good finish for RC/Terry, a very respectable 9th place. Congrats. Terry has set a challenging 1.54 in Ryans car, so that's the next milestone for RC and myself.

Wayne Seabrook made his debut in his beautifully prepared SWB white and orange car. He has raised the bar even further with a stonking 1.51 in the enduro. Look out Alex at Phillip Island next year! Wayne's best result was 4th in Sb, well done, some very fine driving. Great to see another 2.0litre in the field. Someone needs to buy Tim's blue car and get it back out on the track.

Tim's weekend was equally good in the "developmental" 3.0litre and it was great to see him back in Sydney competing enthusiastically. Once or twice perhaps beyond his ability, but a great series of results.

My weekend was rounded off by a "down to earth" afternoon of flag marshalling, a very good perspective of Turn 4 was provided by all of the categories and I must say, I want to drive like Geoff M! The ever tidy surgeon. I also have a greater respect for flag marshals and the fine work that they do, a relatively thankless task.
    Andrew B (Tiger)
    911 69E Historic Production Race Car

Mixed weekend for me.

Car ran well and the refreshed gearbox is a treat. Also made a couple of susp'n tweaks in conjunction with my co-driver. The car felt better but lap times only improved slightly.

Was having a good race 1 until being hit from behind on the last lap, which sent me off. Got going again but finished about 3 or 4 places adrift of where I was heading. Damage is not too bad.

Enduro went well with a top ten finish. And I now have a target time after seeing my car in Terry's capable hands.

Not much to report from race 2. Finished in the same place I started.

Thanks to Andy and Tim for a fun garage.

Thanks to all those who dropped by to say Gday (Matt, Justin, John etc).
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Well done guys, great weekend, despite the few little drama's.
    I loved the Enduro's, as a spectator it added some spice, would be better as a driver I imagine.
    I think the Tasman Revival will be a cracker!
    Matt Hart
    matthartcreative@instagram
    RHD 914
    1980 911SC (sold)
    69' T (sold)
    Early 911s reg # 994

Well done guys! I've "introduced" the idea of the Tasman Revival to the Minister of Everything and things seem positive. So long as I show her a good time in NZ this week, I should be good
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    Restoration Saga

Well done boys any photos?
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076