Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: show me your all original cars

1972 914 with 52K miles, original paint and interior.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Rob Abbott

Here's a few pics of my SWT - up on the rack as I detail and re- assemble. Next month, I'll post pics of the shiny side.
    I could use some help from the board here - I need a good high res pic of a longhood car, preferably a dark color, from the front; showing normal wear and tear of 40 years on original paint, chrome, headlights, etc. Anybody got one?Name:  001.jpg
Views: 2331
Size:  57.8 KBAttachment 0
    Name:  010.jpg
Views: 2350
Size:  99.9 KBAttachment 0Name:  016.jpg
Views: 2331
Size:  62.5 KB

My 1973.5 911T. Bought it back in 1987 for $6,000. It had the driver front fender replaced and a respray a few months later at the Porsche dealership bodyshop. It was a daily driver for 8 years, then just a warm weather weekend car. Right now it is in my garage, I just replaced the suspension pan and battery boxes. Suspension being taken care of also.
    Name:  DSC00222.jpg
Views: 2341
Size:  99.0 KBName:  DSC00225.jpg
Views: 2351
Size:  109.6 KBName:  DSC00227.jpg
Views: 2282
Size:  153.9 KB

My original paint 1973.5 911T. I bought it in 1988 with 40,000 mile. Still with original paint and interior. Engine has been rebuilt. Everything just keeps on working just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what everyone's definition of 'original' is as they post...
    IMO..."all original" is defined as matching numbers engine and trans, original paint, interior, wheels, panels, lenses, trim, and glass (except windshield). There should be no modications. Non-factory items should be limited to perishable items like tires, hoses, belts, wiper inserts, filters, weather stripping, bulbs, fuses, ignition parts, brake pads, clutch, etc.

My recently freshened up, numbers matching example....although "stock" in appearance shouldn't be described as "all original" IMO because of the repaint (even though it was done to the highest standard with the correct single stage Glasurit acrylic urethane in the original recipe for Bahia Red), new carpet and headliner, Wevo shifter, 380mm wheel, several bits of new or refinished exterior trim, H4 headlights, single battery setup, S/S exhaust, round Durant exterior mirror, aluminum trailing arms, S alloy brake calipers, and the addition of the NOS Hella TTG 118 driving lights.

History: The car was built in September of 1971, and originally sold/delivered in Toronto. It lived its first 30+ years in Canada, and it spent most of those years in British Columbia. Glass out re-paint #1 was done in the mid-80's. It was exported to the US in 2003, and passed through 2 owner's hands (one in Kentucky and one in Pennsylvania) before I acquired it and brought it to Florida in the Spring of 2005. The odometer read 42K when I bought the car, my guess is it was actually 142K. In addtion to the recent re-paint #2, the engine, trans, and suspension have all been rebuilt while I've owned the car. I've logged 35K miles of driving time over the past 7 years, and enjoyed every mile!
    Last edited by FL-Frank; 07-23-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    Cheers!

Frank Kohnen
    Jupiter, FL USA
    Registry Member #921
    1972 Bahia Red 911 Coupe #9112100390..."Rudy" SOLD
    1967 Savannah Beige VW Beetle Sedan #117364457..."Heidi"...aka "Tinker Toy"

I agree with that, Frank... but so few have OG paint that I think of completely, totally original cars as survivors. Service consumables are a given. So my old bus doesn't qualify as totally original (edited post) though it's pretty close. My 700 Cabrio with 27,000 miles does qualify. Keeping it that way is another matter. Saving it's original finish was a primary goal, but after many hours of sympathetic cleaning even it may get fresh paint. Matching old odd-colored lacquer isn't easy, and blotchy 80% OG paint on a car with such a small following has limited appeal.
    Name:  BMW700 003.jpg
Views: 2152
Size:  82.3 KB
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Senior Member Christian Guthrie's Avatar
    Name:  A cab.jpg
Views: 2255
Size:  94.2 KBName:  A cab 2.jpg
Views: 2274
Size:  109.5 KB

Our 58 Super. 40,000 original miles, last on the road in 1974. All numbers match, original paint, interior, top and tires. The cooolest thing is all the options listed on the C of A are still on the car including seatbelts, coco mats, Michelin X tires, etc. The downfall is the floors need to be replaced after living in the Midwest it's entire life. Our plan is to make it structurally sound, mechanically restore it and drive it as it is. I do not have pics of the washed but she cleaned up nicely.

Here is our '66 Euro 912 which was delivered in Germany 2/18/66. It is all original with the exception of a 2009 respray using single stage Spies Hecker urethane and installation of new interior carpet. It is a well documented, nicely optioned (including a Porsche chrome ski rack and still intact parts kit), all numbers matching car purchased from the original owner and friend in March of 2009. When we disassembled the car for cleaning and respray, we found an interesting note written in German on what appeared to be a piece of an old brown "waxy" paper lunch bag under the package tray. Translated, the note reads: "if you are a man of humor and heart, then send me some money and my wife a mink, I am a poor dog. Signed Rolf Huber, Karrosserie Porsche"Name:  DSC02855_edited-1.jpg
Views: 2162
Size:  152.1 KB

Here is a picture of the note we found in the '66 912....we worked with Porsche to find Rolf Huber this past year. We found a Rolf Huber of the right age who had been assigned to the "Karrosserie" at that time...when contacted, he replied the "he knew nothing of said note and had never put a note in a car"....sure Rolf, whatever you say!
    JohnName:  DSC02864_edited-1.jpg
Views: 2219
Size:  73.1 KB

Russ, if the Color matches thes State it resides - I would not paint it. A Car in Florida color may be sunburnt residing in florida.
    I always think the little 700 coupes and convertibles "smile" the way they look.

Name:  P0100266.jpg
Views: 2168
Size:  126.2 KB
    Cheers

Uli
    Last edited by uai; 07-22-2012 at 10:21 AM.